Buying lens from Germany Berlin ?

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited March 5, 2009 in Cameras
Hello

After so much research i have made my mind to purchase Tokina 11-16. It will help me in Architectural photos and ancient architecture too.

Now i have last concern about PF is it really too much ? is it fixable in case it appears ? i really had no issue of PF with my Kit lens and 17-40

My bro is visiting Berlin this month i have asked him to purchase this lens for me. Any nice photo gear store there where he can get reasonable deal for this lens ?

One thing that haunts me is that if lens is sent to me from Berlin> Norway >Pakistan and there is some malfunction in the piece it will drown all my hard saved money ! :cry

I can also purchase from BH or Adorama but shipping cost + duty makes over all price of this lens out of reach..

I hope my bro had interest in photography he really would have enjoyed taking pictures at Berlin ! wow:D
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited March 5, 2009
    Awais,

There will always be more risk in buying photographic equipment outside your market region. I suspect that getting support in Pakistan is tough enough as it is. (I wonder if you are part of the Canon-Asia marketing and support?)

The Tokina 11-16mm, f/2.8 AT-X 116 Pro DX is a very nice lens and should be a great choice. I am not hearing that PF (purple fringe) is that much of a problem but you do have to watch for flare, which is typical for this field-of-view. Those that have experienced the flare say that it generally just reduces contrast and is relatively easy to handle in post processing.

Good luck and take care,
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums