One

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited March 6, 2009 in People
It has been a while since I had a little one running around my house. Well, relatively speaking... My youngest just turned 6. But I forget how MUCH ENERGY these little babies have. And how they are constantly wiggling every inch of their bodies. I had to laugh and be thankful I was past this stage. But enjoyed every moment with this little Miss. It was cracking me up how she got me crawling around on the floor chasing her... And adjusting lights on the fly. You think weddings are tough? Try chasing a 1 year old with OCF.
We weren't going for studio photos at all. More capturing her in her native environment. So, please excuse backgrounds that may reflect that. When possible I used a really shallow DOF to minimize the background distraction.

And without further conversation:
485294031_D9X6j-M.jpg

485298647_RRFs7-M.jpg

#3 Peek a boo:
485306208_FytkA-M.jpg

4. My favorite...
485306460_rqk9Z-L.jpg

#5 And another favorite....
485308176_6sHgK-M.jpg

485309609_nTVF2-M.jpg

I brought this fake oak keg for a little bath. It worked really well. For one thing she couldn't crawl away and I could set up the lights where I wanted them. Plus she had had her shots the day before (yeah that is planning ahead) and she was rather weepy and sore. So it was something she really enjoyed. And I think everyone will agree that it is adorable!
485313684_dAUVm-M.jpg

485318397_zWJea-M.jpg

I guess she just figured out how to do fishy faces recently... So this is a really favorite photo for mom and Grandma...
485316846_jbx6u-L.jpg

After she got all dried off, we put her in some snow gear for a little trek outside in the snow.
485321226_RhYYT-M.jpg

485320854_BkbXc-M.jpg

And that is all... Have a dandy day everyone!

C & C always welcome and appreciated!

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    2, 4 ,7, 10.....thumb.gif

I like the bubble bath idea....
  • ElliotElliot Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    What amazing eyes! I particularly like the colours on #4 and #8, the muted brown colours give a very "classy" look, a good trick with such a lively subject.
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    2, 4 ,7, 10.....thumb.gif

I like the bubble bath idea....

Yeah, it worked like a charm! I just love last minute inspiration! (Literally as I walked out the door it came to me.)

Thanks Jeff!
  • cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    Beautiful, each and everyone, she's stunning, thanks for sharing!:D
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    Oh my..these are precious! Adorable photos Fred :D Trust me....Papa knows what it's like chasing them around...love every minute of it :D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited March 5, 2009
    Elliot wrote:
    What amazing eyes! I particularly like the colors on #4 and #8, the muted brown colors give a very "classy" look, a good trick with such a lively subject.

Thanks Elliot! She has the biggest bluest eyes... Just like her mama.

I kept finding myself saying "Oh, she is just sooo cute."
    If I was a teeth gritter I would have been gritting from how cute she is.:D
    edited March 5, 2009
    cdonovan wrote:
    Beautiful, each and everyone, she's stunning, thanks for sharing!:D

Thanks so much!
    edited March 5, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Oh my..these are precious! Adorable photos Fred :D Trust me....Papa knows what it's like chasing them around...love every minute of it :D
    Steve, I believe you! I couldn't believe how tired I was after wards... and I was just the photographer, not the baby corralist. Ah, I am glad my kids are bigger (and potty trained), but miss them as they used to be... *sigh*.
  • justMEjustME Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    adorable! I liked them all.
    Nice work.
    Canon EOS 30D & 50D
    Arizona, USA
    http://justineolson.smugmug.com/

..........................................................................................
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    Adorable shots Heather and posted at the right time. I have a 1-year old shoot Saturday and these are giving me some inspiration. Thanks! thumb.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    adoooorable!! Luv the one in the bath tub! iloveyou.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    Oooooohhh I love these! And you're apologizing for the backgrounds? Please - you did exactly what you set out to do and it requires NO apology (even if you hadn't explained it would have been abundantly clear in the series, so 'nuff of that, young lady!!)

I love this whole series. The big'n'little hands and feet shots are perfect, the bubble bath manages to be posed and spontaneous at the same time, and the whole series captures this little sprite! Great job. clap.gif
    edited March 6, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Oooooohhh I love these! And you're apologizing for the backgrounds? Please - you did exactly what you set out to do and it requires NO apology (even if you hadn't explained it would have been abundantly clear in the series, so 'nuff of that, young lady!!)

I love this whole series. The big'n'little hands and feet shots are perfect, the bubble bath manages to be posed and spontaneous at the same time, and the whole series captures this little sprite! Great job. clap.gif
    Oh Diva, thanks for your nice little comments.
    And now if I could get them to look chaotic or serene.... Laughing.gif! No hope there!
    I am having the hardest time thinking of something this round.
    edited March 6, 2009
    Travis wrote:
    Adorable shots Heather and posted at the right time. I have a 1-year old shoot Saturday and these are giving me some inspiration. Thanks! thumb.gif

Glad to have been some help! Though I don't mind saying that I wish we could have switched spots and you had gone first so I could get ideas from you! Laughing.gif! Have fun on Saturday! And be prepared to wait out a nap. It was rather necessary during our shoot.
    edited March 6, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    adoooorable!! Luv the one in the bath tub! iloveyou.gif
    Thanks Angie! Thanks for stopping by!
    edited March 6, 2009
    justME wrote:
    adorable! I liked them all.
    Nice work.
    Thanks! I am glad you liked them!
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins