Weekly Assignment #111: Trinity

NikolaiNikolai Darth SLRLa LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited May 22, 2009 in Assignments
Let's try to capture the essence of trinity, i.e. something being simultaneously three-fold and single. Try to stay away from verbatim applications, like photographing Trinity Church, road sign saying "Trinity Rd" some religious artefact or an action figure from "Matrix" flick. Find something that is both (pun intended) three and one... :deal
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Light Stalking Sacramento CaliforniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    Well I think this might fit. Three individuals of the same breed and sex, Just happened to take this today for the serinity and choas DSS#20 but was not serene enough.
    486426189_HMAVS-L-0.jpg
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    Well I think this might fit. Three individuals of the same breed and sex, Just happened to take this today for the serinity and choas DSS#20 but was not serene enough.
    Thanks for for playing! thumb.gif
    I see three, but not the trinity... ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Light Stalking Sacramento CaliforniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    Well I had thought about a can of 3 and 1 oil, but I will fall back and regroup.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Major grins VirginiaRegistered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    489377440_FSs5g-L.jpg

    Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    knife
    Great idea! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • jacyjoypalsjacyjoypals JoyPalsDesignStudio Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    please remove
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Googly, One in Three
    Nice attemptthumb.gif , however doesn't strike me as trinity...ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • jacyjoypalsjacyjoypals JoyPalsDesignStudio Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    please remove
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Thanks!
    Here was my thinking as it relates to trinity and what I was depicting.
    Trinity = one doll to represent three in one; i.e., from a religious perspective: God is three in one, three distinct persons in one
    Three sets of eyes
    Three mouths
    Three noses
    Three bows
    Three columns
    Three mirrors

    This was first attempt and I appreciate the challenges to get my photography thinking cap on even more.

    Blessings, jacy

    Thinking out loud: not three of everything create the concept of trinity. Also, its constituents can have very different shape and nature (the image of knife-tool is a perfect axample). You need to look for a strong uniting idea of the othewise three possibly totally different things...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • jacyjoypalsjacyjoypals JoyPalsDesignStudio Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    please remove
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thinking out loud: not three of everything create the concept of trinity. Also, its constituents can have very different shape and nature (the image of knife-tool is a perfect axample). You need to look for a strong uniting idea of the othewise three possibly totally different things...
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Light Stalking Sacramento CaliforniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    Hmmm I see where you are going. But I shot this today thinking of this exercise. Multiple exposure feature of the D300 different angle of same source. I am going t keep working on this
    490907416_BSqLN-M.jpg
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    Hmmm I see where you are going. But I shot this today thinking of this exercise. Multiple exposure feature of the D300 different angle of same source. I am going t keep working on this
    I am not sure it speaks trinity to me, but it's definitely a very interesting shoot - and I'm totally envy on the feature!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • catspawcatspaw dgrinner Utah.... wait, what?Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    492295322_b4rVR-L.jpg
    //Leah
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    catspaw wrote:
    three fence posts
    Leah,
    thanks for thinking of us during your Catalina trip! thumb.gif

    I must confess, even with the rail joining all three together, I can only see "three", but no "trinity"... ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • catspawcatspaw dgrinner Utah.... wait, what?Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Leah,
    thanks for thinking of us during your Catalina trip! thumb.gif

    I must confess, even with the rail joining all three together, I can only see "three", but no "trinity"... ne_nau.gif

    Hey, I tried. It was the closest I've come to to seeing a 'whole' made of three. ne_nau.gif
    //Leah
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Beside himself. Outer Los Angeles.Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    Nikolai. I've been thinking about this one for some time - this particular shot, I mean - and how it conforms to the assignment criteria. It's not a new shot, as I shot it eleven days ago, but I did shoot it after the assignment was posted.

    Please let me know if I've got the right idea: One structure creating a trinity of directions to travel; Up, Down and Level.

    DownbutHowDSC_3663.jpg

    Or do I need to try again?
    Lee
    __________________

    My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

    "If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    Nikolai. I've been thinking about this one for some time - this particular shot, I mean - and how it conforms to the assignment criteria. It's not a new shot, as I shot it eleven days ago, but I did shoot it after the assignment was posted.

    Please let me know if I've got the right idea: One structure creating a trinity of directions to travel; Up, Down and Level.

    Or do I need to try again?

    Lee, it's a neat concept ideawise, but without your explanation I would have a *very* hard time to figure it out. Too many possible interpretations of this shot, "trinity" would be extremely low on that list (or wouldn't make it at all)
    Maybe some less subtle clues headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Beside himself. Outer Los Angeles.Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Lee, it's a neat concept ideawise, but without your explanation I would have a *very* hard time to figure it out. Too many possible interpretations of this shot, "trinity" would be extremely low on that list (or wouldn't make it at all)
    Maybe some less subtle clues headscratch.gif

    This explains why I had to think about it for as long as I did.

    Thank you. I'll try again.
    Lee
    __________________

    My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

    "If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • PexiPexi One stroke man Cannes, FranceRegistered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    My vision of trinity...

    500657828_ygJ6M-XL.jpg
    Life is pretty straight without motorcycling
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2009
    Pexi wrote:
    My vision of trinity...
    Fantastic image, awesome entry! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • - iniFOTO -- iniFOTO - Beginner grinner Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited March 31, 2009
    My trinity...

    502775213_sLxdq-L-1.jpg
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    My trinity...
    Welcome to the Class! clap.gif
    As for the entry goes: nice shot (albeit we're trying to avoid watermarks here), but as I have said many times already, not all trios make trinity. ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • - iniFOTO -- iniFOTO - Beginner grinner Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited March 31, 2009
    Hello Nikolai,

    sorry, I'm new here so I'm not familiar with all rules yet.
    I promise to learn :)

    Thank you..
  • com3com3 4theriders.com Reno, NVRegistered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2009
    since this is an old thread, can i post a pic from last july? :D

    325698669_UFCx4-XL.jpg
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    com3 wrote:
    since this is an old thread, can i post a pic from last july? :D
    No sir, you gotta wait until the next one:-) mwink.gif
    Nice shot though!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
Sign In or Register to comment.