Snowy Slackline on the Riverbed

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited March 9, 2009 in Sports
Well we had a free day today, and with gloomy skies and a light snow falling, we grabbed Richard and took off for some winter slacklining. I've driven by this location once or twice and figured it looked nice for photos, so we drove out to check the slackline potential. The line we rigged is a bit on the longer side, so it presented a challenge for all of us, but it was walked a couple times at least.

Here's Richard mounting up on one of his first attempts.
485880209_SB8LE-L.jpg

And here's the resulting catastrophe! :rofl
485880243_a3Ggt-L.jpg

Richard gets back at it, determined not to be conquered.
485880254_Bp7rJ-L.jpg

I've got a bunch of shots of Richard falling, but here's Tracy giving it a shot at the other end of the line.
485880340_6qe3L-L.jpg

I processed these at home and I'm on a different monitor now, it seems like I could have made them a little bit brighter. How do you guys feel?
485880378_QftfH-L.jpg

Richard started getting wet and cold after a bit. :D
485880456_MMhbE-L.jpg

Here's Tracy getting to her feet.
485880469_i5TRU-L.jpg

After a bit we lost enthusiasm and I started shooting the area. Looks like some moose have been through here this winter, stripping the bark from the trees.
485880495_nMwWR-L.jpg

Tracy sits on the river ice, enjoying the peaceful scenery.
485880533_TzkjA-L.jpg

And lastly, here's a slice of the Little Susitna River for you to enjoy. :D
485880570_ythjH-L.jpg
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2009
    Very nice series...........that snow is sooo white.......but even tho I love the snow i remeber the winter Ispent wearing black eyepatches from being snowblinded (sun burnt eyes from the snow).......no fun for a kid of 13......is there lots of trout in the Little Susitna River..........looks like there couldbe
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited March 6, 2009
    Pretty cool (no pun intended) shots you've got. Not sure about punching the color up though. Maybe a bit but not much.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • dsm02cdsm02c Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    I really like the seventh shot... The way the line takes your eye to the subject is sweet. Two of my favorite things slackline and photography in one! Good work.
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    Thanks for the comments guys! Art - I don't do as much fishing as an Alaska is probably supposed to, but there's certainly trout around in the local lakes. Don't know if they stay in the Little Su or not though. ne_nau.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com