Clouds in Glass

Quzol1Quzol1 Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
edited March 6, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I have been working on this series for a wile now. I feel like I have some tunnel vision about this so I would like to get some fresh eyes looking at this. So what do you think, good / bad / weird. If you want to the rest of the images see this gallery. Thanks for Looking.

471115331_JpApu-L.jpg

471111283_W3onM-L.jpg

471113064_EULFC-L.jpg

471117379_2PRDH-L.jpg

471120031_kjaU9-L.jpg

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited March 6, 2009
    All are very good. Great idea for a photo series. I especially enjoyed #1 and #4. Something about stright lines not ending up straight/level disturbs my eye a bit. Perhaps some perspective correction treatment?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    Very cool series....I think I'll use it as inspiration for a series of my own! Thanks! thumb.gif
  • Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    A nice series. I have several of these types of images myself, and the fact that the building lines don't always end up plumb and level just adds to the abstract feeling of the image. It's easy to become discouraged with a series. Hang it up for awhile then come back to it, you have a great beginning here.
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    Nice set of shots. thumb.gif I like.
    In similar effort I've come to feel that clouds are fairly vital.
    Michael
  • Quzol1Quzol1 Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    David_S85 wrote:
    All are very good. Great idea for a photo series. I especially enjoyed #1 and #4. Something about stright lines not ending up straight/level disturbs my eye a bit. Perhaps some perspective correction treatment?
    Ya, I went back and forth about the straight lines. Some of the angles were so complex I just couldn't get them to "look" right to me. So I decided to use the weird angles in the images. I was not looking for straight architectural shot's but something else. Dose that make sense headscratch.gif Thanks for the comment David.
    edited March 6, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    Very cool series....I think I'll use it as inspiration for a series of my own! Thanks! thumb.gif

:D glad to help out
    edited March 6, 2009
    Roaddog 52 wrote:
    A nice series. I have several of these types of images myself, and the fact that the building lines don't always end up plumb and level just adds to the abstract feeling of the image. It's easy to become discouraged with a series. Hang it up for awhile then come back to it, you have a great beginning here.

Thank's, Their is a bit of isolation that is a part of photography. Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad. Its great to able to bounce idea's off others and see if your heading down a interesting path. thumb.gif
    edited March 6, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    Nice set of shots. thumb.gif I like.
    In similar effort I've come to feel that clouds are fairly vital.

Where would I be without clouds. I totally agree.clap.gif