Suggestion / Request

melssnapshotsmelssnapshots Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited March 10, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Feedback from a couple of my customers
  • I waited to long to order so i just used the pictures so and so took because they could be printed here locally and i just picked them up - besides having them download the picture and send it to their instant gratification supermarket print place is there any other way for them to do this
  • I just want a cd of pictures of my favorites , i am afraid to download anything from the internet
  • I don't ever use my credit card on the internet
  • such and such has your pictures on facebook how can i ... i always tell them to ask such and such, because i do not know how to tell them to do it. I love the advertising but i am not sure how to give them instructions on how to do it.
I love smug mug however i am getting some feedback from customers that the other people who take pictures use a different website, any help for me is much appriciated.
Mel
melssnapshots@gmail.com

Comments

• blackshadowblackshadow Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    Feedback from a couple of my customers
    • I waited to long to order so i just used the pictures so and so took because they could be printed here locally and i just picked them up - besides having them download the picture and send it to their instant gratification supermarket print place is there any other way for them to do this
    • I just want a cd of pictures of my favorites , i am afraid to download anything from the internet
    • I don't ever use my credit card on the internet
    • such and such has your pictures on facebook how can i ... i always tell them to ask such and such, because i do not know how to tell them to do it. I love the advertising but i am not sure how to give them instructions on how to do it.
    I love smug mug however i am getting some feedback from customers that the other people who take pictures use a different website, any help for me is much appriciated.
    Mel
    melssnapshots@gmail.com

Sounds like you are dealing with a few technophobes.

In answer to point 2 - let potential clients know that CDs of high or low res images are available direct from you. Work out your prices per image and also a service fee for doing the burn - don't forget postage and handling as well.

If people don't want to use their Credit Card for online purchases there isn't much you can do about that.

As for those who want instant gratification let them know you can do local prints but let them know the quality may not be as good as through your website and charge them a premium for doing prints locally.

Facebook - I refuse to post any photos there for the reason that facebook claim some rights when people publish your work on their site.
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    Sounds like you are dealing with a few technophobes.

In answer to point 2 - let potential clients know that CDs of high or low res images are available direct from you. Work out your prices per image and also a service fee for doing the burn - don't forget postage and handling as well.

If people don't want to use their Credit Card for online purchases there isn't much you can do about that.

As for those who want instant gratification let them know you can do local prints but let them know the quality may not be as good as through your website and charge them a premium for doing prints locally.

Facebook - I refuse to post any photos there for the reason that facebook claim some rights when people publish your work on their site.

Not to mention, pics posted on FB look like garbage - not good quality at all.
  • Matt SMatt S Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    For those that will not do a credit card online. Ask them if they hand their card to their server when they go out to eat. There is quite a bit more risk in that (ummm you literally just handed your card to a stranger and it's out of your site for several minutes) than in most internet transactions.

As to local printing there really is no reason you can't offer that on your own outside of smugmug.
    Thanks, Matt

My Site
  • melssnapshotsmelssnapshots Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 10, 2009
    Thanks
    I appriciate all feedback and will try to work that direction. I love smug mug and the quality they provide.