A few more Daytona shots

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited March 8, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
482898999_GfJz8-XL.jpg

486222260_Crhwf-XL.jpg

486222207_DwZQi-XL.jpg

482899515_bH3wK-XL.jpg

The blue bike on the right is my trusty steed. Check out the trailer to the left that looks like a gas tank. You see it all down there.

486222152_Grr6D-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• GregMGregM Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 6, 2009
    Nice shots. I'm looking forward to warmer weather so I can get mine out of the garage.

Greg
  • JPerkinsJPerkins Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    Nice FJR. Welcome sight to see among all the cruisers.

How are you liking Daytona?

See any pirates?
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2009
    Hey Greg,

We're pretty lucky down here in FL. There aren't many days we can't ride. The only things missing are hills and curves. I haul my bike up to the mountains every chance I get.

Ride safe.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited March 6, 2009
    JPerkins....

There's not much to not like about being in Daytona during Bike Week. It's a rugged pace, though, to charge hard for the whole week. When I fled back to Jacksonville, I felt like I had not only seen pirates but that I had been locked in mortal combat with them for the whole time. I need a rest.

Tom
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    Another nice set Tom. Love your steed :D . What a cast of characters!

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited March 7, 2009
    Hey Jack,

Talk about a cast of characters! I had to restrain myself from showing folks some of the more " interesting " aspects of this gathering. There is a somewhat seedy underbelly to the goings-on down there and, if you delve into that world, you'll see characters you won't believe.

Tom
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    I'm envious, I would like to see it in person. WELL DONE!!!!!thumb.gif azzaro
    edited March 8, 2009
    Hi Azzaro,

You should make an effort to get there one day. It's an experience you won't forget.

Tom
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Morning Tom,

What another great series of images. They always seem to give the perspective that we're standing right next to you, nice and crisp details with great and realistic colors.

Beautiful looking Bike, looks fast and comfortable, a good combo.

Thanks for taking us to the Event:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited March 8, 2009
    Hey Craig,

Thanks for your kind remarks.

Yea, " fast and comfortable " pretty much describes my bike. But I have to tell you the truth; the " comfortable " part means a whole lot more to me these days. A couple of my planned trips on the bike this year will cover 2500 to 3000 miles for each one. Being able to get off the bike at the end of the day, without using a crane, ranks high on my list of priorities.

Take care my friend.

Tom