the $15 smile

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited June 1, 2005 in People
when i was six, i recall getting fifty cents from the tooth fairy for my first tooth.... inflation has hit everywhere.... the boy lost the first one on thursday, and then another yesterday :lol3 at this rate i may need to sell another lens to keep up!

canon 1Ds Mark II with canon 100mm f/2.8 macro aboard. shot in raw, converted in acr and processed in ps cs2. love the spot healing brush feature, that's awesome ... trevor had just had a bunch of oreo cookies, so there was cookie around the corners of his mouth. the spot healer took care of it in no time. click pic for exif.
23266698-L.jpg

enjoy (dental) photography,

Comments

• USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Andy
    Hate to break this to you but you have 18 more to go umph.gif (my dw is a dental assistant)
    You may just have to sell something :D
    Good shot

Thanks
    Fred
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    How cute
    Oh my, I have the tooth fairy to look forward to :-)

CJ's teeth are so perfect now... I can only hope his permanent teeth don't take after mine, Laughing.gif!

Trevor's growing up fast! So what's the going rate for the tooth fairy these days?

Cute photo!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    So what's the going rate for the tooth fairy these days?

$10 for the very first one, and then a fiver last nigh. hence, "the $15 smile" lol3.gif

thanks for looking, and commenting, dee!
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    andy wrote:
    $10 for the very first one, and then a fiver last nigh. hence, "the $15 smile" lol3.gif

thanks for looking, and commenting, dee!
    Boy those are some rockin rates :wow, when I go through my second childhood (which I feel is close at hand :D) will you be my DaD wave.gif

Good lookin young man looks like he's quite happy with his reward and DaD!! thumb.gif
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Nice shot mate.

...so i can consider $1 cheap ? Or am i just cheap ?

Gus
  • Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Hi Andy !
    andy wrote:
    when i was six, i recall getting fifty cents from the tooth fairy for my first tooth.... inflation has hit everywhere.... the boy lost the first one on thursday, and then another yesterday lol3.gif at this rate i may need to sell another lens to keep up!

I am happy to see you went to get yourself another 1Ds II so I can see you post those awesome sharp detailed pictures again.
    Keep them coming !

Is your son 6 ? Mine is 7, and as you can see he just went to the dentist for his first check-up:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=12313
    Bye,
    Peter Dumont
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Nice shot mate.

...so i can consider $1 cheap ? Or am i just cheap ?

Gus

Thats what my yung uns got too gus, but then that was more than 10 years ago....
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    This is a nice shot Andy. I like the view angle. His expression is great and is a nice transition from sharp to smooth soft background.

Erich
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    andy wrote:
    "the $15 smile"
    wait until he gets braces, it'll be the $1500 frown.

great shot andy!
  • gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    andy wrote:
    when i was six, i recall getting fifty cents from the tooth fairy for my first tooth.... inflation has hit everywhere.... the boy lost the first one on thursday, and then another yesterday lol3.gif at this rate i may need to sell another lens to keep up!

canon 1Ds Mark II with canon 100mm f/2.8 macro aboard. shot in raw, converted in acr and processed in ps cs2. love the spot healing brush feature, that's awesome ... trevor had just had a bunch of oreo cookies, so there was cookie around the corners of his mouth. the spot healer took care of it in no time. click pic for exif.

Andy,

The photo is nice and all, but it must be noted that you have one good looking young fellow there.

regards,

Gary
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    Hi Trever,
    im glad you lost your FIRST TOOTH! I lost 2.I wonder what you will get from the TOOTHFAIRY.
    Heather ( Age 6 )

Letter written from my daughter completely untouched,
    she didnt read the whole post
    troy
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    Hate to break this to you but you have 18 more to go umph.gif (my dw is a dental assistant)
    You may just have to sell something :D
    Good shot

Thanks
    Fred

ugh - i know! thanks fred :D
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:
    Thats what my yung uns got too gus, but then that was more than 10 years ago....
    ........................ im talking 6 weeks ago :uhoh I must be cheap
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    ........................ im talking 6 weeks ago :uhoh I must be cheap
    I don't think you're cheap at all. My grandsons get $2 per tooth and I thought that was a lot. When we started with our kids, they got a quarter. By the time we got to the last kid it was $1. But then, I remember when a loaf of bread was a quarter...... Shoot, my daughter remembers when a loaf of bread was a quarter. Any of you remember when a loaf of bread was a nickle? Not me, I'm not that old. rolleyes1.gif

By the way Andy, that's a great shot of a really cute kid. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog