Out for an almost spring walk....

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited March 10, 2009 in People
So we strolled along the newest portion of the Rails-to-Trails path. Still some snow in the background. It was good to get outside.

Canon 5D Mark II with an EF 70-200 f/2.8 lens @ f/2.8, 160mm, 1/2000 sec., ISO100. She is facing the setting sun.

And yes - little "Miss-I-want-to-wear-my-pony-cause-I'm-a-girl" hands are muddy from grabbing the rocks and throwing them into the puddles.

Click the photo to see it larger.

486332431_swALe-L.jpg

Comments

• NikonWmnNikonWmn Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 7, 2009
    Great photo!
    Love the DOF!
    RogersDA wrote:
    So we strolled along the newest portion of the Rails-to-Trails path. Still some snow in the background. It was good to get outside.

Canon 5D Mark II with an EF 70-200 f/2.8 lens @ f/2.8, 160mm, 1/2000 sec., ISO100. She is facing the setting sun.

And yes - little "Miss-I-want-to-wear-my-pony-cause-I'm-a-girl" hands are muddy from grabbing the rocks and throwing them into the puddles.

Click the photo to see it larger.

486332431_swALe-L.jpg
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    NikonWmn wrote:
    Love the DOF!

15524779-Ti.gif
    RogersDA wrote:
    Canon 5D Mark II with an EF 70-200 f/2.8 lens
    Did it get heavier and heavier or what ^_^ I shot with the 24-70 and I had to support the weight with my knees after an hour ... or maybe that's just a cry for more exercise ...

I love this shot - I think it's really dynamic.
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    NikonWmn wrote:
    Love the DOF!
    Yeah - this lens is sharp, and @ f/2.8 the subject matter can really be set off from the background.

Welcome to DGrin, too!
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

Did it get heavier and heavier or what ^_^ I shot with the 24-70 and I had to support the weight with my knees after an hour ... or maybe that's just a cry for more exercise ...

I love this shot - I think it's really dynamic.
    Thanks for the comments. This setup wasn't too heavy at all. Of course, the BH-55 head and solid tripod took most of the weight for me.:D
  • NikonWmnNikonWmn Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 10, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    Yeah - this lens is sharp, and @ f/2.8 the subject matter can really be set off from the background.

Welcome to DGrin, too!

Thanks RogersDA!