#20 How's this?

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited March 7, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
What do you think of this idea:
486391677_xAFbq-L-1.jpg

Unsuccessful
or

Lone survivor of a miniature battle (a little long...)
or

Something else?

C & C & help of any sort is most appreciated.

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 7, 2009
    What an interesting idea. I think maybe you could use a little more chaos for this though. thumb.gif I like the dof thing you have going...but maybe some more knocked over soldiers in the foreground too or somthing to that extent.headscratch.gif
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    I agree with JAG, I like the idea but for me it feels like something isn't quite there. headscratch.gif
    Having sat looking at it for 5 minutes I have no better idea than perhaps more fallen soldiers in the foreground.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    I think it's a neat idea and the suggestions I agree with but I would also add some dirt for them to be on. I can't figure out what they are on but it looks like some kind of board? Not sure but if they are soldiers they should be on ground? Just my 2cents and with economy it's worth less than that. Also I might tone down that bright area around his head.

I'm gonna have to dig out some of my kids old stuff this is a really cute idea.

gail
  • AnnasPhotosAnnasPhotos Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    This is really a cute idea. I agree with the others, especially the idea about the dirt.
    Photography is just not about taking pictures....
    It's a learning experience. :D
    My Blog
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    Hey guys thanks for the help. I am still working on it.

You are right... it is a game board. The pieces and board are Axis and Allies pieces. Axis & Allies is almost continuously set up in the middle of a game in my living room. The pieces are sooo tiny. Only about 1/2 inch tall, so it is really tricky to get the focus right with the DOF as shallow as I want. Also, I really wanted to include most of the shadow of the main subject soldier. I'll try to get to a reshoot today. :D I love to take photos of my kids' toys since they are almost a part of our family and will be part of our memories for years to come.

Again, thanks for your help. Stay tuned for the reshoot.