Options

Autofocus probs.

ashbyashby Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited June 1, 2005 in Technique
Is there a reason why I cannot get any mode of autofocus in the creative zone? Several lenses, all in auto, work fine in basic zone, nothing in creative. Camera? Operator? Technique?

Thanks.

Hal

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Canon 20D, right?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    Sorry Sid, yes it is a 20D. I was literally out the door to take pictures of my niece's wedding and couldn't figure out the problem. (Not the offical photog, thank goodness). Finally, in desperation, I reset custom functions to zero and everything worked OK. Still cannot figure out the problem. No focus in any auto mode in creative and unable to take RAW. After the reset, everything was OK and I did get a few good picts.

Thanks for your efforts. Still wearing the BMW summer pants? :):

Hal
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    ashby wrote:
    Sorry Sid, yes it is a 20D. I was literally out the door to take pictures of my niece's wedding and couldn't figure out the problem. (Not the offical photog, thank goodness). Finally, in desperation, I reset custom functions to zero and everything worked OK. Still cannot figure out the problem. No focus in any auto mode in creative and unable to take RAW. After the reset, everything was OK and I did get a few good picts.

Thanks for your efforts. Still wearing the BMW summer pants? :):

Hal
    nod.gif Jeebus, did I buy them from you? lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    nod.gif Any ideas as to what I might have done?
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    ashby wrote:
    nod.gif Any ideas as to what I might have done?
    Dang I have a bad memory!

No, no idea. I'd hafta study your camera's custom settings to figure it out. I assume you're the original owner and this never happened before? Is it possible that the menu got bumped over to custom settings, one of which might include manual only focus? ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2005
    Still can't figure it out. Some of the custom modes are confusing to me, but in any case, what mode would affect both the auto-focus and capturing RAW? Maybe Canon can tell me. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    tlittletontlittleton Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2005
    ashby wrote:
    Still can't figure it out. Some of the custom modes are confusing to me, but in any case, what mode would affect both the auto-focus and capturing RAW? Maybe Canon can tell me. ne_nau.gif
    I only have the 10D, but I know when I started switching some options, at one point I lost track of what I did and just reset the camera back to full factory defaults. I popped the main battery and the backup litium battery. I don't know if that's an "approved" Canon method for doing that, but it worked. I just had to go back and set date & time and such back up.