Options

Nikon Transfer, View NX, Capture NX ??

kennutskennuts Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited March 9, 2009 in Finishing School
I've installed the Nikon Transfer, View NX, Capture NX that came with my D300 and D700. I'm having problems working with this stuff. I've managed to get the images out of the camera to a file(Nikon Transfer).... LOL... that's about it !!:scratch Can't get the slideshow to work, can't crop, can't do a few other things, etc !! I've used the Tutorial and that leaves a lot to be desired. Do I need all three of these products. I guess I'm too used to the Picture Project 1.5 that came with my D50 which is plain a simple and was easy to learn and use !! Anybody out there using this software..... help me out !!! Thanks !!!
K P Steib Photography
Nikon D50, D300, D700, D4, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, Nikor TC-20E II 2x, Nikkor TC-1.4, Nikkor 300mm f2.8 GII, Nikkor 18-55mm 3.5-5.6G, Nikon MB-D10 BP, Nikon SB-600 AF SL, Slick MP, Manfrotto 468MGRC2 Ballhead w/680B Mono

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,916 moderator
    edited March 7, 2009
    Since this seems to be a software issue I moved it to the Finishing School where I think you will find a more knowledgeable audience.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Since this seems to be a software issue I moved it to the Finishing School where I think you will find a more knowledgeable audience.

Awe... shucks, sorry bout that Ziggy.. thanks !!
    K P Steib Photography
    Nikon D50, D300, D700, D4, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, Nikor TC-20E II 2x, Nikkor TC-1.4, Nikkor 300mm f2.8 GII, Nikkor 18-55mm 3.5-5.6G, Nikon MB-D10 BP, Nikon SB-600 AF SL, Slick MP, Manfrotto 468MGRC2 Ballhead w/680B Mono
  • Options
    MooreDrivenMooreDriven Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Can you tell us what OS your using? XP, Vista or Mac

I use Capture NX and View NX. I've never used Nikon Transfer and quite honestly not sure what value it provides. I typically copy my images to a directory (Ex. 2009->Folder Name) on my hard drive or external drive. Both Capture and View NX have a browser that allow you to see various folders on your hard drives and open selected images. Capture NX is a post production tool to edit the images. It's very powerful, but does take some time to learn. I would recommend that you purchase a Capture NX book, like Jason Odell's. He also has a book on CNX2, which I upgrade too from NX.

If you are unable to browes folders and see individual images, then I would de-install each application and reinstall.
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2009
    Can you tell us what OS your using? XP, Vista or Mac

I use Capture NX and View NX. I've never used Nikon Transfer and quite honestly not sure what value it provides. I typically copy my images to a directory (Ex. 2009->Folder Name) on my hard drive or external drive. Both Capture and View NX have a browser that allow you to see various folders on your hard drives and open selected images. Capture NX is a post production tool to edit the images. It's very powerful, but does take some time to learn. I would recommend that you purchase a Capture NX book, like Jason Odell's. He also has a book on CNX2, which I upgrade too from NX.

If you are unable to browes folders and see individual images, then I would de-install each application and reinstall.

Hey thanks for your reply...... my OS is XP Pro. Since my first post, I've un-installed all three products. Will try them again !! Thanks !!
    K P Steib Photography