Play the Horn

gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
edited May 29, 2005 in People
I posted some shots from this party a couple of weeks ago. I went back and looked again and thought this would be an OK B&W.

regards,

Gary

23281914-M-1.jpg

Comments

• Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Hello Gary !
    gpgold wrote:
    I posted some shots from this party a couple of weeks ago. I went back and looked again and thought this would be an OK B&W.

regards,

Gary

23281914-M-1.jpg
    Hello Gary!
    This pic does look good in B&W !
    What conversion method did you use ?

Bye,
    Peter Dumont
  • gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Hello Gary!
    This pic does look good in B&W !
    What conversion method did you use ?

Bye,
    Peter Dumont
    I use the channel mixer in Photoshop. I select the monocchrome box. I start out with setting the red in the low 50's, green in the teens and 40 or so for the blue. Sometimes after doing that I play with brightness and contrast. The shot was taken in very bright sunlight.

regards,

Gary
  • Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    Thanks !
    gpgold wrote:
    I use the channel mixer in Photoshop. I select the monocchrome box. I start out with setting the red in the low 50's, green in the teens and 40 or so for the blue. Sometimes after doing that I play with brightness and contrast. The shot was taken in very bright sunlight.

regards,

Gary
    Thanks !

Peter Dumont
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2005
    some nice detail here - and a good conversion - what's the rest of the scene like?

thanks for sharing, gary!
  • gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    andy wrote:
    some nice detail here - and a good conversion - what's the rest of the scene like?

thanks for sharing, gary!
    There wasn't much more to it. I did do a layer fill to get rid of the white - I thought it was too distracting. The B&W could use a little more cleanup -it was done very quickly this AM.

Gary

23312434-M.jpg