For those interested in theatrical headshots

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited March 8, 2009 in People
I've linked to the Reproductions directories of headshot photographers in LA and NYC before, but just recently came across a photographer whose work jumped out at me as very interesting. YMMV, jmo etc etc, but I really like the shots I see, and thought it was a little different than a lot of what's out there which set it apart and grabbed my attention. (I don't know him at all - I simply saw a headshot I liked on a singer's webpage, and followed the credit back to his website)

http://brianmcconkeyphotography.com/

To my novice eye, it looks like he's fusing portrait, headshot, fashion and PJ techniques rather than using only one style and approach and thus his shots seem to step outside the box a little, while still managing to look entirely appropriate and "in style" for current tastes and fashions in headshots. :thumb

Comments

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    I've linked to the Reproductions directories of headshot photographers in LA and NYC before, but just recently came across a photographer whose work jumped out at me as very interesting. YMMV, jmo etc etc, but I really like the shots I see, and thought it was a little different than a lot of what's out there which set it apart and grabbed my attention. (I don't know him at all - I simply saw a headshot I liked on a singer's webpage, and followed the credit back to his website)

http://brianmcconkeyphotography.com/

To my novice eye, it looks like he's fusing portrait, headshot, fashion and PJ techniques rather than using only one style and approach and thus his shots seem to step outside the box a little, while still managing to look entirely appropriate and "in style" for current tastes and fashions in headshots. thumb.gif

Those are fun! I like his style a lot. Thanks for sharing Diva...
  • lyttlevietlyttleviet Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Thanks for sharing! Definitely some inspiration there :).
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Thanks for sharing.......gives some of us more ideas to work withthumb.gifthumb
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Wow! Great photography! Thank you for showing us this man's site, divamum! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    I really, really love the border(s) he uses for the pictures. It adds so much flavor to the pictures themselves.