Options

smart sharpen tool

jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
edited May 31, 2005 in Finishing School
first post in the photoshop forum...please be gentleicon10.gif

whats the rub with the new sharpen tool? i searched the forums and had little to no luck. is it pretty much USM with options for gaussian, lens, and motion blurs? i had a comfort zone with USM, but smart sharpen seems much more powerful.

how does the amount translate between USM and smarty pants? is 104% power, radius of 1, and threshold of 4 the same between the two?

please advise...

-jeff

Comments

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005

whats the rub with the new sharpen tool? i searched the forums and had little to no luck. is it pretty much USM with options for gaussian, lens, and motion blurs? i had a comfort zone with USM, but smart sharpen seems much more powerful.

how does the amount translate between USM and smarty pants? is 104% power, radius of 1, and threshold of 4 the same between the two?

please advise...

-jeff
    Welcome to photoshop land wave.gif

Sorry I can't be much help, I'm Photoshop-less this weekend, and even then I seem to be about the only regular around here who hasn't upgraded to CS2.

Hang in there, I'm sure somebody will come up with an answer for you!
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005

please advise...

-jeff

I don't know, but I think so. The cool thing that I've noticed is that if you click on advanced you can adjust the highlight and shadow amounts in order to avoid haloing.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    You really should take a look at the tutorial that comes with CS2. Explains a bit about Smart Sharpen.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    thanks david! will do
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2005
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/