Part of old fish farm

JohnBeJohnBe Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited March 9, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This is a part of an old fish farm. It is now used by divers to enter the river.
C&C welcome.
John

Comments

• JohnBeJohnBe Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    I was hoping for some comments on this image. It is my first posted HDR. I used Photomatix. This is an interesting structure, built to withstand waves, tides and floods. It is about a mile from the mouth of the river but it is a straight shot so it gets plenty of wave action during storms. The floor was much lower but has been modified by the divers to make it easier to use as entrance to the river. There is a deep hole, 65 feet, just upriver. Any comments good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    Howdy John,

Welcome to the Forum, don't be discouraged about not getting a lot of comments, a lot of folks are winding down from a long weekend.

I really like the image you've presented, the perspective really pushes you into the River/Sea. I also like the Clouds, they have a very ominous look to them. Lots of details to keep the eye entertained.

I think for your first HDR you've done very well for yourself, has both great depth of shadow and you handled the Highlights well also.

Might be interesting to see how it processes out in B&W.

Look forward to seeing more of your images.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas