Black and White

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited March 9, 2009 in People
I just submitted this one for the challenge with the title "Making Ripples". Let me know if any of you find this as interesting as I do:) I enjoy the peacefulness of the still stalks in the foreground and the serene setting juxtaposed with the young man in the background about to make a splash skipping a stone.

487579410_UtoeC-XL.jpg

Caroline

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    So, I'm guessing this is one of those, "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" situations. That's okay. I like my photo anyway. Feel free to just comment and tell me it's boring if it doesn't warrant anything else:)

Caroline
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    The focal point are the reeds which without the title makes no sense to me.....I get he's going to skip a rock but honestly..this shot ain't it.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    The focal point are the reeds which without the title makes no sense to me.....I get he's going to skip a rock but honestly..this shot ain't it.

Thanks, Swartzy! The point of focusing on the reeds was to emphasize the overall stillness of the scene. The focus hasn't yet shifted to the guy in the background, until he makes his move a second later and the stone goes splash. Picking up the stone and cocking the arm was a slow and leisurely movement, in concordance with the lazy feel of that afternoon. The splash would have been startling to a daydreamer. Looks like I failed to convey in the photo what was in my head:) I can't know that without feedback. So, the "thanks" is sincere.

Caroline