Maine in Winter: "Lighthouses and Bird Tracks"

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited March 10, 2009 in Landscapes
I am continuing to process images from my recent visit to mid-coast Maine. As I re-work some of my shots from other threads, I discover additional images that I would like to share. Please enjoy, and please provide any C&C you have.

Thanks!
Lauren

1. I spent a lot of time on PP on this one--how does it look?
487588181_yfuWs-L.jpg

2. 3 exposure HDR - Portland Head Light
487601983_SNBVb-L.jpg

3. "Portland Coast" -- is there too much fisheye effect?
487795514_fLt63-L.jpg

4. "Snowcovered"
487596770_6bgC6-L.jpg

5. This is one of my favorite shots, but it needs a title!! Any suggestions?
487825191_2G5f7-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    Great set Lauren, and # 1 is very nice. BUT #2 is exquisite clap.gif Might want to crop that right side a little to get even more out of the image.
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    Ohhh I love the lighthouse one!
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    Really nice Lauren. I agree about the crop on the lighthouse one - losing a bit of the building on the right would really drive the focus to the lighthouse.

You would LOVE the Fundy Trail here in NB. It offers some of the most stunning vistas and, for those that can get up pre-dawn; the sunrises are AMAZING! I'm sure it easily rivals Acadia Nat. Park in Maine.

then there's Cap d'Enrage - lighthouse, rappelling opportunities (not me - deathly fear of heights), cliffs and rocks. I could go on (and usually do).

Maybe in the fall when we're in Maine I can convince everyone to come north next year! iloveyou.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Great set, Lauren! I love the last one with the tracks and I agree it needs a title. The only thing that comes to mind is the scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail when they would shout "Run awayyy!! Run away!!!"

That bird looks like it probably got a bit spooked by the giant human feet. :D