Options

PSE 7 troubles...please help

MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
edited April 17, 2009 in Finishing School
I have recently been shooting raw with my xsi and pulling the files off the card right into PSE 7. Im having some problems with the entire system locking up after I finish the raw editing and move into "open image" for the regular "full edit" ... sometimes I make it in there...some times I don't. Any suggestions???? :dunno

Becky
Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
:ivar

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited March 9, 2009
    MissB wrote:
    I have recently been shooting raw with my xsi and pulling the files off the card right into PSE 7. Im having some problems with the entire system locking up after I finish the raw editing and move into "open image" for the regular "full edit" ... sometimes I make it in there...some times I don't. Any suggestions???? ne_nau.gif

Becky

Are you keeping many files open at once? That can cause you to run out of memory. Try to work on one file at a time and see if that helps.
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Are you keeping many files open at once? That can cause you to run out of memory. Try to work on one file at a time and see if that helps.

hmmm...no, just one at a time. I have noticed that If I work too fast it craps out on me. So I have to dumb down my working speed to keep the PSE program from locking up. Do I need to upgrade my memory? My husband just put two new processors in my computer about a month ago. thoughts???
  • Options
    XeroXero Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 10, 2009
    MissB wrote:
    hmmm...no, just one at a time. I have noticed that If I work too fast it craps out on me. So I have to dumb down my working speed to keep the PSE program from locking up. Do I need to upgrade my memory? My husband just put two new processors in my computer about a month ago. thoughts???

Depending on your RAM, you may want to add more. If you don't have enough to switch between running processes fast enough it could explain your problem.

Mac or Windows? And how much RAM are you running currently?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    What are the particulars on your computer????
    how old.......what model.........how many ghz..........how much ram.........what is the maxram it will handle......etc...etc....etc....etc??????????

I am just moving off a HO Vectra 400 1Ghz (actual was 900Mhz or .9Ghz) with 512 ram and taht was its max allowed ram........now my system has 2 gb of ram with 2 more on the way.......2.60Ghz and it is a real blazer.....but i built it off a low end ($1500) gamers spec....final cost after parts rebate will be under $300 and 99.9% of the components have a 5yr warranty................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited March 17, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    What are the particulars on your computer????
    how old.......what model.........how many ghz..........how much ram.........what is the maxram it will handle......etc...etc....etc....etc??????????

I am just moving off a HO Vectra 400 1Ghz (actual was 900Mhz or .9Ghz) with 512 ram and taht was its max allowed ram........now my system has 2 gb of ram with 2 more on the way.......2.60Ghz and it is a real blazer.....but i built it off a low end ($1500) gamers spec....final cost after parts rebate will be under $300 and 99.9% of the components have a 5yr warranty................

Uh... hmmm..you are speaking my husbands language. I will have to let him translate for me...:)
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2009
    MissB wrote:
    Uh... hmmm..you are speaking my husbands language. I will have to let him translate for me...:)

Husband here: Computer is not going to be a problem...it is my old gaming rig.

AMD Phenom x4 9850 (overclocked to 3.0ghz)
    ASUS M3A78-EM motherboard
    HIS Radeon HD4670 vid card
    4 Gb G-Skill DDR2 1066 (can handle up to 8 Gb)
    Windows XP Home
  • Options
    TGAllenTGAllen Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    I ran into problems similar to this. I tried everything and even formatted the hard drive and reloaded windows and it still didn't work. My last ditch effort (some advice I heard somewhere, can't remember) was to create a new user on the computer. I was the ADMIN, so I created a guest user and it started working again, only under the guest login. (PS. I never had any problems with PSE 6)