Can't get High ISO to work on 40D?

Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
edited March 9, 2009 in Cameras
I have used the high ISO function on my camera for about a year. All of a sudden it won't work in P, TV, AV, M I can only go to 1600. The expanded ISO function is on but no option to use it. IT will remarkably work in my CN1 on the dial. Has anyone else had this issue? Canon firmware update does not state it addresses this problem and it has no firmware update for Mac OS X anyway. I have firmware 1.0.3. Thanks for any help before I send it off to Canon.
PDG
Canon 1DM3, 20D & 40D, Canon f/2.8 70-200mm IS, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited March 9, 2009
    I have used the high ISO function on my camera for about a year. All of a sudden it won't work in P, TV, AV, M I can only go to 1600. The expanded ISO function is on but no option to use it. IT will remarkably work in my CN1 on the dial. Has anyone else had this issue? Canon firmware update does not state it addresses this problem and it has no firmware update for Mac OS X anyway. I have firmware 1.0.3. Thanks for any help before I send it off to Canon.

Do you have the Highlight Tone Priority turned on? If so, turn it off and check again.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Do you have the Highlight Tone Priority turned on? If so, turn it off and check again.

I am going to show my novice. I don't know if I have it turned on? I can't find it anywhere. Can you help me? Highlight Alert is disabled is this it? Thanks
    PDG
  • Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    Fixed it! Thanks
    I am going to show my novice. I don't know if I have it turned on? I can't find it anywhere. Can you help me? Highlight Alert is disabled is this it? Thanks

Just found it and it worked! Thank you for your time and saving me the cost of sending it off. Patrick
    PDG
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited March 9, 2009
    Just found it and it worked! Thank you for your time and saving me the cost of sending it off. Patrick

I still get caught by that one too. Glad it's working for you.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums