Shutter count jumping around

Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
edited March 9, 2009 in Cameras
I noticed something weird. According to Opanda, my shutter count is advancing faster than the file numbers of the photos, then slowing down.
Beginning day one with each camera, I set the count to go in order. Worked perfectly up to a few weeks ago.
Today one camera is off by 69 and the other 29. On some photos it can be off as much as 103. It seems to be jumping around more and more these past couple of weeks.
There really doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. So my question, could it be Opanda that isn't getting it right, or have my D3's developed a mind of their own?
Steve

Website

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    It is those damn Nikon Nano bots running amuck in there....ya know it is getting closer to st. pattys day and they be in need of more MEAD......yes more mead pleaserolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

I don ot have a clue as you can tell..........................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,067 moderator
    edited March 9, 2009
    I noticed something weird. According to Opanda, my shutter count is advancing faster than the file numbers of the photos, then slowing down.
    Beginning day one with each camera, I set the count to go in order. Worked perfectly up to a few weeks ago.
    Today one camera is off by 69 and the other 29. On some photos it can be off as much as 103. It seems to be jumping around more and more these past couple of weeks.
    There really doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. So my question, could it be Opanda that isn't getting it right, or have my D3's developed a mind of their own?

I'm afraid that your best bet would be to contact Opanda and let them know what's going on.

I do suspect that swapping cards between cameras is part of the problem as cameras are wierd about how they pick up the shot count, but I don't know why that would affect the actual actuations count.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    I thought about the card switching, but that doesn't seem to effect it either.

Here is the weirdest of the bunch. On Saturday's shoot.

File Number 7771
    Shutter # 7978

Off by 207

File Number 7772
    Shutter #7942

Off by 170

The shutter count is higher on the previous shot, and off by a higher number.

Absolutely nothing changed during this days shoot. No lens change, no card change, heck I didn't even turn the camera off.
    Steve

Website