Thanks for taking a look !

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

p453239184-4.jpg

p167267703-4.jpg

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    #2. The rock is a nice focal point. Love the motion you captured on the water. thumb.gif

#1 is all right. I find that my eye keeps wandering between the path and the tree, looking for a focal point. I don't know what those types of trees are called but we have them in PA and NJ. In the type of weather in which you took the photo, the colors of those leaves really pop in contrast to everything surrounding them.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    I prefer number 1; it is different but I do like dreamy scapes. Maybe you can punch the color a little more that are on the ground.
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    Very nice shots, Dwayne! thumb.gif

I'm not a huge fan of the Orton Effect, which is what I think you've used in #1, but you've done a nice job with it.

Even so, I think #2 is a more intesting photo. The solid, unmoving rock nicely contrasts the moving water.

I am curious though... when I first clicked on this thread I was expecting 2 similar images... why make us choose between 2 photos that are so different?
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    I prefer #2, not a big fan of too dreamy like #1.
  • Dwayne OakesDwayne Oakes Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:
    Very nice shots, Dwayne! thumb.gif

I'm not a huge fan of the Orton Effect, which is what I think you've used in #1, but you've done a nice job with it.

Even so, I think #2 is a more intesting photo. The solid, unmoving rock nicely contrasts the moving water.

I am curious though... when I first clicked on this thread I was expecting 2 similar images... why make us choose between 2 photos that are so different?

Thanks everyone for your input on these !!

CWS-No reason really, just getting input on different technics.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes
  • justMEjustME Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    I like them both but #2. is tops for me.
    thumb.gif
    Canon EOS 30D & 50D
    Arizona, USA
    http://justineolson.smugmug.com/

..........................................................................................
  • Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    I am always a sucker for the flowing lines of water and the textures, shapes and tones of solid rock. I guess I really like #2 thumb.gif
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    I like number two, I think the subject and composition are both stronger. It would probably be improved if it was tilted to the right a bit to make the horizon more level.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    I prefer #2. The tree in #1 I've not seen before, in fact when I first looked at this photo I thought the white blooms/leaves were birds!