edited March 19, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Please explain color correction as it pertains to EZ Prints printing. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Hi Anthony, it's all right here
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/too-red

holler w/ Questions after you read that, thanks.
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Anthony, it's all right here
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/too-red

holler w/ Questions after you read that, thanks.
    Thanks. When did the Color Correction change to a default of yes? Never noticed it was not set in the gallery any longer.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 10, 2009
    Thanks. When did the Color Correction change to a default of yes? Never noticed it was not set in the gallery any longer.
    It changed when we shipped BayPhoto. You can still set it at the gallery level, its just set in the propricing screen instead of the gallery configuration screen.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2009
    bigwebguy wrote:
    It changed when we shipped BayPhoto. You can still set it at the gallery level, its just set in the propricing screen instead of the gallery configuration screen.
    Personal opinion.... yuck! Now I have to go into the pricing screen and adjust every gallery that WAS already set the way I wanted it. Would have made more sence to me to leave it in the customization section. Then those who wanted to change could. Those that did not want to change would not be FORCED to...
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2009
    Personal opinion.... yuck! Now I have to go into the pricing screen and adjust every gallery that WAS already set the way I wanted it. Would have made more sence to me to leave it in the customization section. Then those who wanted to change could. Those that did not want to change would not be FORCED to...
    we didnt change what your existing galleries were set to. If you previously had them to true, they are still set as true. New galleries will use your portfolio setting unless you apply pricing to them at the time of creation.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2009
    bigwebguy wrote:
    we didnt change what your existing galleries were set to. If you previously had them to true, they are still set as true. New galleries will use your portfolio setting unless you apply pricing to them at the time of creation.
    OK. I'm confused... tried to order a pic from my own gallery and did not see an option for photo color correction at all...
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2009
    OK. I'm confused... tried to order a pic from my own gallery and did not see an option for photo color correction at all...
    That option does not exist in the cart anymore. You set whether you want color correction on/off at the gallery level in the pricing screen.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2009
    bigwebguy wrote:
    That option does not exist in the cart anymore. You set whether you want color correction on/off at the gallery level in the pricing screen.
    OK... this is good, I'm learning... OK, when I have an order placed I get the notification, I go to the order to "ship it", It say "color correction" and the default is YES...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    OK... this is good, I'm learning... OK, when I have an order placed I get the notification, I go to the order to "ship it", It say "color correction" and the default is YES...ne_nau.gif
    Because you priced that gallery for "yes" to color correction.
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Because you priced that gallery for "yes" to color correction.
    No I didn't. I priced it by referencing a preveiously priced gallery that had been set up prior to the change.... all are/were set to true color.
  • Options
    androidtandroidt Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    No I didn't. I priced it by referencing a preveiously priced gallery that had been set up prior to the change.... all are/were set to true color.

Same happened to me for the second time...just lucky it was me doing test prints and not a real customer. I'd like for the default to be no color correction.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    How did you price the gallery? If you used the individual gallery pricing, the color correction setting isn't copied as you see it directly on the screen and can set it however you want.

Only the bulk gallery pricing tool does update the color correction setting.

Also I noticed that your EZprints portfolio pricing has color correction enabled.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2009
    How did you price the gallery? If you used the individual gallery pricing, the color correction setting isn't copied as you see it directly on the screen and can set it however you want.

Only the bulk gallery pricing tool does update the color correction setting.

Also I noticed that your EZprints portfolio pricing has color correction enabled.

Sebastian
    I priced the gallery the same as I always had... create gallery... use the drop down and select a previously created gallery that has the pricing and set up I want to use for the new gallery.