Some Yosemite

scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
edited March 10, 2009 in Landscapes
Took a quick trip a couple weeks ago with some friends. Only in the park on saturday from sunrise to sunset. Sunset was a bust because of a storm coming in so all my faves are from sunrise at tunnel view.
Most are HDR because of the challenging pre-dawn light, but I tried desperately to not give them that hdr look... although some ghosting in the fast moving clouds gives it away. c&c appreciated
481487622_Pap4L-L-1.jpg
481489225_vQBze-L-1.jpg
481498521_QksZi-L-2.jpg
481496345_EgdEF-L-1.jpg
481497748_FBnnV-L-1.jpg
481495088_DSNbL-L-1.jpg

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Love that light on #4 and #5! None of these are "obvious" HDRs so you were successful in your efforts :D

I really need to get to Yosemite one of these days...
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Beautiful non HDR HDRs rolleyes1.gifclap.gif
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Stunning shots, Scott! thumb.gif

You've done a great job making the HDRs not very obvious. I can only see it in a couple "jittery" clouds in one or two, but you may be able to clone in a new sky or touch up the jittery ones.

The textures you captured in 4, 5 & 6 are simply amazing!!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Love that light on #4 and #5! None of these are "obvious" HDRs so you were successful in your efforts :D

I really need to get to Yosemite one of these days...
    Thanks Ron, you should definitely have it high on the list of places to go, it's pretty amazing.
    dlplumer wrote:
    Beautiful non HDR HDRs
    lol, thanks!
    cwskopec wrote:
    Stunning shots, Scott!

You've done a great job making the HDRs not very obvious. I can only see it in a couple "jittery" clouds in one or two, but you may be able to clone in a new sky or touch up the jittery ones.

The textures you captured in 4, 5 & 6 are simply amazing!!
    Thanks Chris, it was my first time sitting down and really attempting to use photomatix... Seems like you need to keep the amount slider way down, like not above 40 and then there is still quite a bit of tweaking you can do in photoshop to really perfect them.
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    I really enjoyed these. You can really see why Ansel spent so much time here! :D
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw