The Band

lr1811lr1811 Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
edited May 30, 2005 in People
Just got back from a night club with a ton of photos from a friends band. Instead of going to bed, I'm playing with a few of them in Photoshop. This is the second time I have shot a band (same one). Not sure if I like the B&W & noise I gave to this one....

critiques are always welcome and I hope to post more of the pics later...

Brian

Comments

• lr1811lr1811 Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    another
    I don't think this is one of the better pics, but I wanted to share it for critiques. This was one of those pictures that immediately after I shot it, I thought to myself "this is going to be a good picture." The lights above the lead singer just looked good. I got home and it was a different story. I think this is the best way to savage it.

Brian
  • pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    This first picture is an interesting shot!! mwink.gif I like how it's close up.

-Amy
  • Blues fanBlues fan Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2005
    Re: Band
    Brian,

I like the first one much better and I am glad to hear you used the kit lens for most of the shots on this shoot, it gives me hope. The second shot I just don't know how to describe my thoughts on it. I like the overhead lights but it just seems too noisy or oof. I don't know. ne_nau.gif
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]_________________________
    -Gil-

[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]My world of photography[/FONT]
    edited May 30, 2005
    another
    I blurred out the background of the 2nd one - I think the stage stuff was too distracting.

this is the bass player...
    edited May 30, 2005
    and another
    this is similiar to that last, but done in B&W with more focus on the guitar...
    edited May 30, 2005
    lighting
    I've never used the RENDER> LIGHTING EFFECTS (on Photoshop CS) before.. here is my first post with it...