Twilight Rock Pools

ChristopherJAshdownChristopherJAshdown Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited March 10, 2009 in Landscapes
Taken during twilight just before sunrise. This is a 9 photo stitch, with some contrast and vignette added in PS. Not sure if there is a way I could boost the impact of the scene with a bit of PP. Anyone got some thoughts or just C&C.

488016877_z7jBZ-X2.jpg
Lorne Peir, Great Ocean Road, Victoria, Australia

EXIF | 30sec | f/22 | ISO100

Comments

• scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    great shot, really like the blue.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    That's a great foreground! I think the image could be improved if the brightness of the foreground on the right was reduced a little bit. Great shot though :D
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Yea, I love the left side of the photo. The right side is a bit to reflective.
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    That's a great foreground! I think the image could be improved if the brightness of the foreground on the right was reduced a little bit. Great shot though :D

I agree... absolutely stunning image! thumb.gif

Try using a gradient overlay to darken that right side a touch and it would be perfect!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Very beautiful ! clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Hi Christopher,

I wouldn't worry about the colour scheme, or light-dark areas, just at the moment.

I think exposure is the main issue (maybe f22 is too small). I can see that there is a mass of detail-texture-colour in those rock surfaces which is not being exploited. I can also see that those rock pools have a mirror surface and a transparency. You need to get more light working on the surfaces of the rocks and getting into the pools.

If you shot RAW maybe you could experiment with exposure bracketing in the conversion and see what you see.

Thanks for a look at a bit of Aus. (You're a very quiet dGrinner, hope to see more from you!)

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix