Options

Is there a way to turn off "wholesale" prices?

brian.conaghanbrian.conaghan Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited March 18, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hey Smuggers,

I'm sure I am not the first person to have this happen, but I guess I had gotten complacent about checking things in a vistor view when I was done ...

I created a gallery yesterday like I normally do. I specifically remember the race I had put to copy the pricing from. I just assumed that everything was good from there.

Today I was surpised to have 0 sales, but figured with the slow economy etc maybe it was a slow race. Tonight I noticed that everything was just set to default pricing, so I have no idea how many people got prints for 21c.

It's very frustrating because, as a pro, I never intend to put anything up for that I would not want to get an order confirmation on (and not make any profit).

There are two solutions that would make me happy:
(1) Give us an option to never allow wholesale pricing on our site
or
(2) Notify us of these sales. I can guarantee you that I would have reacted immediately this morning if you had sent me a mail saying someone did an order of 84c on my site this morning.

Of course, I am sure you have had people with this problem, so maybe a fix is already in?

Thanks,
Brian

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    Set portfolio pricing and it becomes your default pricing for all galleries that don't have any other pricing set. If you have portfolio pricing set, no gallery will ever be priced at wholesale unless you explicitly set it that way.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    Set portfolio pricing and it becomes your default pricing for all galleries that don't have any other pricing set. If you have portfolio pricing set, no gallery will ever be priced at wholesale unless you explicitly set it that way.
    yeah, user error on this one.
  • Options
    brian.conaghanbrian.conaghan Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Thanks for the info jfriend.

The Mack, it still seems like it was a system error to me, since I know the gallery I copied pricing from and have confirmed that it was what I thought it should be ... but it sounds like this is a good safety net.
  • Options
    Steve Knight PhotoSteve Knight Photo Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    Brian,

I had the exact thing happen to me in two galleries from the Vermont Girls Basketball Championships. I always check my pricing and it was initially set-up correctly. Next thing you know I get an email from a school administrator asking how I can sell photographs at such a low price. My point is since it happened after the fact, as you describe it being a system error, why can't it happen again even if you initially set to Portfolio pricing.

Steve
    www.stevekightphoto.com
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Brian,

I had the exact thing happen to me in two galleries from the Vermont Girls Basketball Championships. I always check my pricing and it was initially set-up correctly. Next thing you know I get an email from a school administrator asking how I can sell photographs at such a low price. My point is since it happened after the fact, as you describe it being a system error, why can't it happen again even if you initially set to Portfolio pricing.

Steve
    www.stevekightphoto.com
    Steve,

There was a problem with the quick pricing option when you created a new gallery. That has been fixed. It was no problem with the 'set prices' tool. Maybe you did no set 0.00 on those products that you didn't want to sell? Please check on that. All products need to be priced.

If you have portfolio pricing, it can't happen that you forget to price a gallery. All new galleries are automatically priced if you don't enter any custom prices.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    photogumpphotogump Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 14, 2009
    Problem with the "Set Pricing" feature
    Brian,

Steve
    www.stevekightphoto.com

I am having the same problem. A new gallery I posted has 'lost" it's pricing structure. When I attempt to correct it today, I set it to be the same as another gallery, the prices appear in green for just a few moments, then dissapear, all this before I can hit the save button. I can't even set portfolio pricing.

John
    photogump.com
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    photogump wrote:
    I am having the same problem. A new gallery I posted has 'lost" it's pricing structure. When I attempt to correct it today, I set it to be the same as another gallery, the prices appear in green for just a few moments, then dissapear, all this before I can hit the save button. I can't even set portfolio pricing.

John
    photogump.com
    Hi John,

Please give us step-by-step instructions on what exactly you do, enter and click. Don't forget to include a link to the gallery.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero