Oregon Sesquicentennial Pow Wow 2009

NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited March 11, 2009 in People
Hi Folks, a few shots from the Oregon Sesquicentennial (150) Pow Wow held back in late January this year. The lighting was horrible, indoors in a big warehouse type enclosure, with a mix of poor lighting. Nevertheless, it was quite fun. These were taken with a D300 and either a 35-70mm 2.8, a 70-300mm, or an 80-200mm 2.8 (two ring version). ISO ranged from 400 to 1250.

danceblur.jpg

inline800.jpg

powtrio800.jpg

doubleblur.jpg

chiefly.jpg

encircled.jpg

pandereta800.jpg

paddles800.jpg

frontblur800.jpg

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Best,

N
Exposure Latitude(s).com
"The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2009
    These are stunning! thumb.gif

Love the post-prod work on the "movement" shots.....very effective w/ the colors and action.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif - stunning. #4 just blows me away! Was that done in post or in camera? Either way WOW!
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    WOW! Great seriesclap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited March 10, 2009
    Excellent series. Well done. clap.gif
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Thanks Folks, I appreciate your kind comments. #4 started with an effort at panning (or maybe just a bit of movement really) that was pretty unsuccessful, so I worked at post-processing with the radial blur in PS. The same for the other dance blur shots here. The first one, and the fourth one, are shots that I saw as great for a "motion capture" at that moment -- but the conditions did not seem to help and I was already operating under conditions that I thought would greatly reduce the number of shots I would be able to keep.

I'm glad that these are pleasing. I really thought, as I was taking them, that not much would come out of this effort!

Thanks again for your kind words, :D

Best,

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    yes..#4 rox my socks offthumb.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Quarik, thanks a bunch. The images have been well received and I truly appreciate the kind comments. I like #4 also, but my favorite of the blur ones is #1... I think. : ) Can't quite make up my mind yet.

Thanks again,

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com