484175913_sNRhC-XL.jpg

484175049_MbtTo-XL.jpg

484176697_E7tEY-XL.jpg

#4 (My usual style..LOL)

488275067_ncNJH-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking :lust
Swartzy:
NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
www.daveswartz.com
Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Textures, in general, don't flip my switch so ....

But, #3 - that one I really like! Love the vignette and coloring (is there a slight color case? - I'm on my POS monitor at work so can't really tell). Fits so perfectly together with the image. Nice!thumb.gif
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Thanks Scott...yea, that is the trick isn't it...getting the right look for the image....but it is fun playing around as it develops as you go..try this try that...conceptualize....then it might be completely different than your intent! :D
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    I think that the texture on #1 is a wee bit over done. #2 is breathtaking! It has a soft, dreamy, vintage feel to it that really trips my trigger. #3 and #4 are very good as well, but that second shot takes the cake.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    David,
    FWIW I like it! (and you know my general attitude towards kids pics mwink.gif )
    Each time I saw nice textured work I keep telling myself to try it - and keep forgetting about it once I open the door for the next model rolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited March 10, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    David,
    FWIW I like it! (and you know my general attitude towards kids pics mwink.gif )
    Each time I saw nice textured work I keep telling myself to try it - and keep forgetting about it once I open the door for the next model rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Nik....I know you have so many beautiful model shots that would be worth some exploration...especially to where the bg's would tie in nicely. I run around sometimes and shoot lots of different textures in Jpeg (Oh no!) and save them in folders. Combining them and changing blending modes/reversing layers makes for an interesting artistic gymnastic. It's actually lots of fun to see what one can come up with thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Thanks Nik....I know you have so many beautiful model shots that would be worth some exploration...especially to where the bg's would tie in nicely. I run around sometimes and shoot lots of different textures in Jpeg (Oh no!) and save them in folders. Combining them and changing blending modes/reversing layers makes for an interesting artistic gymnastic. It's actually lots of fun to see what one can come up with thumb.gif
    I will try do to some. Maybe incorporating same very model closeup skin shot as a texture:-) mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited March 10, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    I will try do to some. Maybe incorporating same very model closeup skin shot as a texture:-) mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

Ah.....MACRO MODELS...I'd expect nothing less rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • AirThomAirThom Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    #2 is my favorite by far, although #3 and #4 are good... I think the only thing that puts me off about #1 is the texture "flakes" on his skin, had those been less prominent it would have been in the running with #2.

I haven't played with textures at all, but your works have sparked my interest in exploring them. Thank you for sharing!
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    I actually like the first one. I was just scanning in photo's to do a slideshow for a 70 year old and most of his old pictures looked like that! Very nostalgic. I just might have decreased the size of the white dots on the face but otherwise....pretty cool Swartzy! clap.gif
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    Yay. Love #1. Didn't read all the other replies, kind of late to the game here .... I think the PS works, only thing I might do different, is tone the texture down a bit on his face (layer mask). Did you change the background in that one too?

I think it really works, and the cute little guy is just too adorable! :D