Thriathlon and beautiful girl(800x600 pics)

Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited May 30, 2005 in People
Thriathlon season has started again. So I had a nice father-son day with Aron, who ended in 2004 in the top 20 of the Dutch competition.
I shot with 828. Last year I did 717 shoots. The 828 is faster but not that fast to catch fast running or biking subjects that easy.
I had the best results by "moving" the cam with the subject with autom. focus. I tried manual focus too, which was not bad either.
The first methode worked best for me.
This 17 year young lovely beauty miss fired the start pistol. I got a big smile from her. In appr. 8 years she will be a doctor if things go well.
23282929-L.jpg

Here is the start. These guys - and some brave girls - do the Olympic distance in appr. 2 hours: swimming, biking and running.
23282913-L.jpg

Here is Aron after his swim. All concentration.
23272476-L.jpg

Two pictures of the running part.

23271692-L.jpg

23271693-L.jpg

BTW he got a flat tire. sad.gif :cry First time in the race. This is how disappointment looks like.

23329467-L.jpg

For those who came this far some shots of the young lady as a bonus :D

23282920-L.jpg23282922-L.jpg

Comments

• Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    Thriathlon season has started again. So I had a nice father-son day with Aron, who ended in 2004 in the top 20 of the Dutch competition.
    I shot with 828. Last year I did 717 shoots. The 828 is faster but not that fast to catch fast running or biking subjects that easy.
    I had the best results by "moving" the cam with the subject with autom. focus. I tried manual focus too, which was not bad either.
    Hello Adrian !

Nice series of your sons triathlon ! It would be nice to compare them to your 717 pictures. The girl's smile was a bit too artificial for my taste.

Bye,
    Peter Dumont
  • Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    717 shots
    Hello Adrian !

Nice series of your sons triathlon ! It would be nice to compare them to your 717 pictures. The girl's smile was a bit too artificial for my taste.

Bye,
    Peter Dumont
    Hey Peter,
    I can assure you she was all flesh and blood rolleyes1.gif But I can see what you mean about the smile. I admired her courage though being only 17 and standing in the middle of all attention.
    About 717. Here is the link to my shots of last year. http://adrian.smugmug.com/Sports/33237
    And a 717 picture of the running last year. Take also in consideration that I learned some more in PP.
    7302105-L.jpg
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    good onya, adrian - you really do get some fine fine results out of that sony 828 - attributed to your skill and desire to be better, and your eye!

thanks for sharing adrian.
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    Excellent pictures of your son in the race, sucks that he got a flat.

I agree with Peter's comment about the girl's smile. She obviously been practicing in the mirror.

Attractive young lady as my doctor? I'm not sure that's a good idea. :D
    edited May 29, 2005
    Andy, I like the challenge to get...
    andy wrote:
    good onya, adrian - you really do get some fine fine results out of that sony 828 - attributed to your skill and desire to be better, and your eye!

thanks for sharing adrian.
    the best out of this camera. I will do a post soon with theatre shots with higher ISO and very slow shutter speeds. :): Some came out pretty good :D
    Thanks for your master eye! And encouraging words, I really appreciate.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    So sorry about the flat tire
    That's a "total bummer" as the kids used to say here for a really bad thing to happen.

Very pretty young lady, with beautiful teeth! :-)

I'll be posting some Long Island windmills for you in a few days.
    edited May 30, 2005
    Hello David
    david_h wrote:
    Excellent pictures of your son in the race, sucks that he got a flat.

I agree with Peter's comment about the girl's smile. She obviously been practicing in the mirror.

Attractive young lady as my doctor? I'm not sure that's a good idea. :D
    Haha, yeah the girl's smile is unnatural but what do you know when you are 17 years old and some people crown you as a beauty queen? So in a way she stole my heart with her unnatural smile. I knew that she tried hard to be natural and she knew I knew :D I gave her my card in case she likes the pictures and I hope she will be a very attractive doctor! There is no law against that rolleyes1.gif
    Cheers and thanks for the stop.
    edited May 30, 2005
    Hi Dee, looking forward to the mills!
    Dee wrote:
    That's a "total bummer" as the kids used to say here for a really bad thing to happen.

Very pretty young lady, with beautiful teeth! :-)

I'll be posting some Long Island windmills for you in a few days.
    I hope I won't miss these. Drop me an email if you want. I'm not that much on dgrin and work still absorbs a lot of my time. The red candy is for sale now in NY clap.gif Yeah, the young lady was quite an apparence. But still very young and shy. I think she did well.:): It's a very nice group of man and woman sharing their sport. Really very friendly. I will do another shoot coming Sunday. Looking forward to that! :D