Ot...

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited March 15, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
since I don't spend much time anywhere else and all the people I connect with here on dgrin seem to be here on this forum. I thought I might as well share this here with my friends. I went to the Iditarod XXXVII this last Sunday and had a marvelous time shooting pics of dogs, people and stuff. If you would like to see a breakdown of what I did as well as a commentary...you can see the journal style gallery HERE. If you want to see more images I took without commentary...take a peek HERE.

Although I have done Iditarod pics in the past few years...this year I think is one of my better years for capturing the event! Let me know what you think!

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    since I don't spend much time anywhere else and all the people I connect with here on dgrin seem to be here on this forum. I thought I might as well share this here with my friends. I went to the Iditarod XXXVII this last Sunday and had a marvelous time shooting pics of dogs, people and stuff. If you would like to see a breakdown of what I did as well as a commentary...you can see the journal style gallery HERE. If you want to see more images I took without commentary...take a peek HERE.

Although I have done Iditarod pics in the past few years...this year I think is one of my better years for capturing the event! Let me know what you think!

Hey, JAG, these are quite good. I loved the journal-style gallery. And your images are crisp and colorful. Love the dog shots! Good job!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 10, 2009
    Thanks Jeff! Yeah I liked how the journal style turned out too. Makes the story behind the picture much more interesting!
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Joyce. I so enjoy your work! I'll admit the only connection I know to the Iditorod is from the movie "Snow Dogs",
    which I'm sure isn't even close to reality! Your pictures are fantastic! Thanks for sharing, always look forward to what you have to share with us!
    Someday, I would like to see these races in real life, it's on my list of things to do!!!!!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Simply Fabulous...I Loved It! What a great display of photo journalistic photos. AWESOME. So cute, the dogs wear "boots".

Peace,
    Donna P.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Great shots Joyce. Thanks for sharing those. clap.gifclap.gif
    edited March 10, 2009
    Thanks Karin, Donna and Dan. I am glad you liked them!thumb.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Haven't had a chance to go through these yet but I want my daughter to see them - she's been fascinated by iditarods since they did a story at school about them (and she's a dog lover anyway). Can't wait to go through the gallery with her!
    edited March 12, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Haven't had a chance to go through these yet but I want my daughter to see them - she's been fascinated by iditarods since they did a story at school about them (and she's a dog lover anyway). Can't wait to go through the gallery with her!
    I hope she does like them too. They have great classroom programs for schools. Kids really love to learn about the iditarod and they can track the mushers online at iditarod.com which is the official site.

Our family friend DeeDee Johnrowe was in 16th last I looked. But she is not running as fast as she did last year.ne_nau.gif
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    wow, that's great! very informative... thanks for all that extra info. i was surprised to see all the different types of dogs - i had always just assumed it'd be malamutes, huskies, and the like.

and for the record, the 'bunsen burner' is a jet boil. it's a camp stove system that boils water really really quickly, so it's perfect for out there.

thanks for sharing!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Outstanding! I am soooo jealous, I have always wanted to come see the Iditarod... You should post some of these in the journeys or sport forums... Great job! Do you have much luck marketing and selling these to the Mushers?

Winston
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    I really enjoyed the journal. Wonderful pix and great commentary. Thank you so much for sharing.

Virginia

Email
    edited March 14, 2009
    Thanks for looking and commenting Virginia, Winston and Kinkajou.
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    A fascinating look behind the scenes. Thank you. Well done.thumb.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada