New iMac 24" 3.06 mghz 4gb RAM

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited March 23, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
and a terabyte of hard disk.

I love it. It has made my Aperture work light speed, and the new 24 inch screen is gorgeous (glare is not a problem at all).:barb :barb :barb

Comments

• Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Photo Printing
    dlplumer wrote:
    and a terabyte of hard disk.

I love it. It has made my Aperture work light speed, and the new 24 inch screen is gorgeous (glare is not a problem at all).wings.gifwings.gifwings.gif
    I have the same computer and love it. I do have a question for you. I have a Huey Pro monitor calibrator and a Canon MP970 Printer. I use Adobe Lightroom but have yet to get a picture to print out looking at all like the image on my screen. I have to export to iPhoto to get it to print even close. HAve you experienced any issue with yours. I'm pretty sure it is Lightroom and not the equipment but I have tried every setting in lightroom to no avail. THanks
    PDG
    Canon 1DM3, 20D & 40D, Canon f/2.8 70-200mm IS, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    I have the same computer and love it. I do have a question for you. I have a Huey Pro monitor calibrator and a Canon MP970 Printer. I use Adobe Lightroom but have yet to get a picture to print out looking at all like the image on my screen. I have to export to iPhoto to get it to print even close. HAve you experienced any issue with yours. I'm pretty sure it is Lightroom and not the equipment but I have tried every setting in lightroom to no avail. THanks

I use Aperture 2 and I have not calibrated my monitor. I rarely print anymore if I want something to hang or frame. I now send it to Smugmug for printing, and they have been excellent. On the few occasions when I have used my Canon S750, they have been pretty good. It's a pretty old printer.
  • Graham CrackerGraham Cracker Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    I use Aperture 2 and I have not calibrated my monitor. I rarely print anymore if I want something to hang or frame. I now send it to Smugmug for printing, and they have been excellent. On the few occasions when I have used my Canon S750, they have been pretty good. It's a pretty old printer.

Thanks, I use Smugmug as well unless I have to have something right then. Thanks
    PDG
    Canon 1DM3, 20D & 40D, Canon f/2.8 70-200mm IS, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8