Tree at NC State University

karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
edited March 12, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
488983688_4ufpF-XL.jpg
I took this the other morning with my Powershot and thought that it came out rather well. Thoughts?

Karl

Comments

• cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    karlabbott wrote:
    I took this the other morning with my Powershot and thought that it came out rather well. Thoughts?

Karl

I like the limbs silhouetted against the sky, but the building in the background is so distracting that it takes away from the subject. The power lines don't help either.

oh and Go Pack!
  • karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    cmason wrote:
    I like the limbs silhouetted against the sky, but the building in the background is so distracting that it takes away from the subject. The power lines don't help either.

oh and Go Pack!

Thank you for the feedback -- I personally thought that the building added some extra color in the scene, but you are the second person to have the feedback about it being too distracting. Is there a way that I could have better incorporated the building to have a better composition? Or is the solitude of the silhouetted tree enough to be the entire composition?

Karl
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    karlabbott wrote:

Karl

Hi Karl, I too have a little PowerShot, and I'm impressed with the images you can get from these little camera's too.

I took it with me yesterday to the Airshow, and just did some Black & Whites, as well as a bunch of little video clips.

They light, compact, and come in so handy in so many different situations,
    especially if you do not have your SLR or are not in a position to use an SLR.

I like your shot thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    Not bad for a point-and-shoot image! thumb.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers