Options

Unable to match Monitor Image to Print

AvibAvib Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 11, 2009 in Finishing School
Printed Image comes out several shades darker.

Windows Vista
Monitor calibrated with Spyder3 Elite
Epson R2400 Printer
Vizio HD Monitor
Elements 7
Epson paper profiles loaded

Issue started when I switched from Windows XP to Vista and Elements 5 to 7. So I am where I am. Would appreciate suggestions about settings for Elements or for Printer..if you have first hand knowledge.

Thank you!!

Comments

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Viewing the print by the display how? What's the disconnect in the match?
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2009
    arodney wrote:
    Viewing the print by the display how? What's the disconnect in the match?

Printed Image several shades darker. Never had this issue before and never had to calibrate monitor. Was told it's a monitor brightness issue so got Spyder, did the calibration, image looks slightly better/warmer on screen but printing is still an issue (shades darker).
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Avib wrote:
    Image several shades darker. Never had this issue before and never had to calibrate monitor. Was told it's a monitor brightness issue so got Spyder, did the calibration, image looks slightly better/warmer on screen but printing is still an issue (shades darker).

Lower the target calibration of the display if possible or raise the luminance on the print by the display you are viewing. If warmer/cooler, alter the White Point value (D50, D65) to taste. If D50 is too warm, D55 might be just right.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2009
    arodney wrote:
    Lower the target calibration of the display if possible or raise the luminance on the print by the display you are viewing. If warmer/cooler, alter the White Point value (D50, D65) to taste. If D50 is too warm, D55 might be just right.

Appreciate the prompt reply and I will take your recommendations for a test drive. Thank you.!