Options

quick pricing was broken, and I probably lost some revenue

sunsetrocksunsetrock Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 16, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
If you use the quick pricing choice when you're loading a new gallery, beware!

I just discovered, the hard way, that the quick pricing choice set the gallery to default pricing, not to my usual gallery pricing.

The heroes say the problem has been fixed, but if you have loaded a gallery over the last few weeks, check your pricing.

No way to know how many prints I missed retouching, and how much revenue I lost.

Damn.

Comments

• Options
    Steve Knight PhotoSteve Knight Photo Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    Same EzPrints Pricing Problem
    I had the same problem with 2 galleries form the Vermont Girls State Championships this weekend. The Dean of students of one of the schools wrote an email to me today wondering how I could sell prints so cheap (default level) and stay in business. I can't!!!! I highly recommend that everyone check their pricing ASAP! Is there any way if I can check to see if any orders went out at the default pricing?

Steve
    www.steveknightphoto.com
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    We had a temporary bug that caused this, guys. We're really, really sorry about it and we're working on sending a message out to all pros to pro-actively notify them to double-check their pricing.

If you had portfolio pricing in place, that's still in effect. But any galleries created between 3/6 and 3/9 (to be generous), may not have had "quick pricing" applied automatically at the gallery level. Again, if you have portfolio pricing in place, that is what your customer is seeing (and not at-cost pricing). All future galleries can be quick priced just fine. But we do recommend that any galleries created during that time period be checked.

Here's how: Navigate to the gallery, click the "Tools" menu and select "This Gallery > Set Prices" . Look in the "Profit" column to make sure all is well, and fill in any gallery pricing you need:

490557541_SVDEp-X2.jpg

Also double-check that if you intended to NOT sell certain items for a gallery, that those are zeroed out at the gallery level.

Remember, this is only gallery-specific pricing that may have been affected, and only for those galleries created with "quick pricing" rather than manually entered pricing.

Holler with any questions. We're standing by to help get this sorted out for you.

-Anne Bean

EDITED with correct dates.

EDITED to add:

We are pulling order info, to ensure any "at-cost" sales are found and handled. Thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    The emails Anne mentioned went out this evening to all pros who were impacted by this bug. The email includes a list of galleries impacted and a list of orders against those galleries.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/