Options

PayPal

SharkShark Registered Users Posts: 282 Major grins
edited March 14, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
This isn't a technical question, but it looked like the correct forum to put it in, so here goes. If this is the wrong place, just let me know.
I was wondering if someone could tell me how the PayPal system works here. I've used PayPal to buy things on ebay, but never as a seller.
Do you only use PayPal here if SmugMug does the printing of your photos?
Is it easy to set up a PayPal account to receive payments from customers?
I believe the payments would go into your bank account, is that correct?
If you don't have an actual business name, can your account be set up to have people send money to the account, just under your name?
Are there more pros or cons to having payment through PayPal for your photos?

Thanks to anybody who might be able to shed some insight into these questions.

Shark
"12 significant photographs in any one year is a good crop".
Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,275 moderator
    edited March 12, 2009
    Shark wrote:
    Do you only use PayPal here if SmugMug does the printing of your photos?
    You don't use PayPal if SmugMug does the printing of your photos based on your customer's ordering from smug. See http://www.smugmug.com/help/payment.mg for the credit cards accepted by SmugMug.

You would use PayPal if you want to set up some other packages or fees, and where you would then place the order on behalf of your customer.

--- Denise
  • Options
    photobanksphotobanks Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    I believe the checkout process now allows people to pay via paypal if they want, but not quite sure how it works. I did see some info on this in the forums somewhere so a bit of digging around should be able to tell you more.

Michael
    Michael Banks

www.banksy.me.uk - main website
    http://galleries.banksy.me.uk - smugmug site
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    photobanks wrote:
    I believe the checkout process now allows people to pay via paypal if they want, but not quite sure how it works. I did see some info on this in the forums somewhere so a bit of digging around should be able to tell you more.

Michael
    That's the PayPal plugin, which is available to some countries and offers the user to create a virtual credit card number that can be used to pay on SmugMug.
    We don't support PayPal directly. Only through the plugin that is linked here, you can use it.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero