Lemonade

cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited March 12, 2009 in Sports
I refered to this as lemonade from lemons on a blog. I shot a basketball game in a too dark gym, and ended up with blurry, grainy shots, even with reasonable 40D ISO sensitivity. It was educational for me, as I have never shot in a gym before, usually I shoot outdoors at soccer games. But I pieced together a few shots that otherwise were not worth printing, and used them to tell a story. I think it works, esp as an 8x10.

What do you think?

489667972_EXLkm-M.jpg

oh btw, one reason for my disappointment was that my brother was shooting next to me with his new Nikon D700, shooting at 1/250 at ISO 3200 and 6400...the #@$$%. :D

Comments

• johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    I like the sequence. Just not on 8x10 - way too much empty space for my liking. But a nice little series.

As for shooting in a gym - your 40d is quite capable. You just need the right lens - I would recommend the 85mm 1.8
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    johng wrote:
    I like the sequence. Just not on 8x10 - way too much empty space for my liking. But a nice little series.

As for shooting in a gym - your 40d is quite capable. You just need the right lens - I would recommend the 85mm 1.8

Thanks for the comments. Will consider changing the canvas size, but was trying to get this in a format where I might be able to actually find a frame.

This one was shot at f2.8. A 1.8 would help alot for sure.