Photoshop Plug-in

AlanHodgsonAlanHodgson Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 19, 2006 in Finishing School
Hi everyone,
I've been using P'shop on and off over the last couple of years mainly for the web at quite an amateurish level - but wanted to get more serious - so I am looking at Plug ins. Someone mentioned Vertus - a company that apparently do them - does anyone know anything about their range?

ta,
Alan

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    Hi everyone,
    I've been using P'shop on and off over the last couple of years mainly for the web at quite an amateurish level - but wanted to get more serious - so I am looking at Plug ins. Someone mentioned Vertus - a company that apparently do them - does anyone know anything about their range?

ta,
    Alan
    Welcome Alan,

I'm not familiar with Vertus. Hopefully someone will chime in with some words of wisdom ne_nau.gif
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2005
    Hi Alan, never heard of 'em What kind of plug-ins are you interested in?

I suspect folks here can recommend plug-ins for many effects.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AlanHodgsonAlanHodgson Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 4, 2005
    Hi there,
    thanks for the replies
    I found out more on the cut out plug in I was interested in - its called Fluid Mask - link here: http://www.vertustech.com/fm_overview.htm

any thoughts?

Alan
    wxwax wrote:
    Hi Alan, never heard of 'em What kind of plug-ins are you interested in?

I suspect folks here can recommend plug-ins for many effects.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited June 9, 2005
    It makes some interesting claims. Too bad it's not available yet.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Adelphi03Adelphi03 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2005
    The Fluid Mask plugin has recently become available to download as a free trial though for the Mac only at the moment I'm afraid.

I gave it a whirl myself recently and found it very impressive on the several images I tried it on. As for using it, the plugin comes with the usual brush and pen tools for applying mask areas manually or you can let the software find edges automatically.

What I found especially useful was the region editor. It allows you to fine tune the mask selections you've made, sort colors, reduce or expand the color range on a pixel by pixel basis and assign those colors into the three masking types: keep, delete or complex (edges between your keep and delete sections).

It's the perfect tool (if a little pricey) for taking your cutout workflow to the next level it's thats the sort of thing you're after.
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2005
    Hi there,
    thanks for the replies
    I found out more on the cut out plug in I was interested in - its called Fluid Mask - link here: http://www.vertustech.com/fm_overview.htm

any thoughts?

Alan
    Nice, however not $399 nice.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
    edited August 9, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:

XO,

Alternatively he could try Corel's Knockout 2 which is substantially cheaper. However, I've never used it so am not best placed to recommend it. Has anyone tried both it and Fluid Mask and how do they stack up against one another.
    edited September 29, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:

XO,

Just found out that Vertustech have finally reduced the price of the Fluid Mask plugin to $249 and increased the free upgrade period from six to twelve months. Still expensive no matter how good the results IMO.
    edited January 19, 2006
    Adelphi03 wrote:
    The Fluid Mask plugin has recently become available to download as a free trial though for the Mac only at the moment I'm afraid.

Looks like they finally got around to launching a version for Windows as well now. clap.gif
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006
    Adelphi03 wrote:
    Looks like they finally got around to launching a version for Windows as well now. clap.gif

Thanks for the update!
  • Tom K.Tom K. Registered Users Posts: 817 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2006