The Red Door

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited March 14, 2009 in Landscapes
Fort Sewell, Marblehead, MA
Wish I had gotten there before the footprints ruined the 15 inches of March snow :huh

486965647_Xufgw-L.jpg

Comments

• aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    eoren1 wrote:
    Fort Sewell, Marblehead, MA
    Wish I had gotten there before the footprints ruined the 15 inches of March snow eek7.gif

486965647_Xufgw-L.jpg

Nice picture. You may want to try the Clone Stamp to see about removing the footprints.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    Thanks Tony.
    Don't know if I have the skills/patience to try to clone in 'cleaner' snow. I'll just have to make sure to get there earlier next time mwink.gif
    Appreciate the input!
    E
  • aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    eoren1 wrote:
    Thanks Tony.
    Don't know if I have the skills/patience to try to clone in 'cleaner' snow. I'll just have to make sure to get there earlier next time mwink.gif
    Appreciate the input!
    E

This is quick & dirty, but likely easier than you think. I hope you don't me taking a bit of editorial license (let me know if you want it removed).
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited March 13, 2009
    Easier would be to just shoot another area of the snow that was not walked in, from the same angle in relation to the sun, so that the lighting was just the same, and them blend in the new snow from that image, rather than trying to clone each little area over and over from the same first image.

Nice contrast with the red door, and the white snow and building.

Red doors are always worthwhile!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    Thanks for the additional insight guys!
    Tony - I don't mind the edits at all. Maybe I will give it a shot on my own...
    Pathfinder - good idea except that the darn kids had trapsed all over the grounds by the time I had gotten up there. I've put this concept in mind for the future and, while I hope it doesn't snow any more this Winter, i'll definitely try a reshoot next Winter.
    E
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    eoren1 wrote:
    Thanks for the additional insight guys!
    Tony - I don't mind the edits at all. Maybe I will give it a shot on my own...
    Pathfinder - good idea except that the darn kids had trapsed all over the grounds by the time I had gotten up there. I've put this concept in mind for the future and, while I hope it doesn't snow any more this Winter, i'll definitely try a reshoot next Winter.
    E

Try cropping 3/4 of the show and then smoothing the rest. I think that might work.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    This is a nice photo and I definitely agree about the footprints.

I hope you don't mind that I made a quick try at this.

486965647xufgwl.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't scroll down when I opened your thread, so I didn't realize someone else had already taken a shot at it. Anyway, I got the above result with about 3 minutes of work. I suggest you use the patch tool instead of the clone tool. It made things a lot easier...