490736180_re9yL-L.jpg

4-
490742241_jRWYM-M-1.jpg

...and my favorite...
5-490741264_BDikm-M.jpg

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    awesome catchlights in the eyes jeff!thumb.gif it's odd..just 6 months ago I would've never thought of/noticed/cared about catch lights in the eyes. I might have noticed the eyes look different and interesting but I never would have have guessed why. Now I look for and appreciate them..not just becasue they "should be there" but how they actually enhance the eyes a bit.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    So Jeff, apparently since you keep posting amazing pics... you aren't tired of me saying how much I luv them. Geez man, you are making me sound like a broken record.

Putting that new umbrella to good use. WTG!

Lovin 1, 4 & 5.

Oh bummer, for the toe on #4. Twould have been near perfect otherwise.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    So Jeff, apparently since you keep posting amazing pics... you aren't tired of me saying how much I luv them. Geez man, you are making me sound like a broken record.

Putting that new umbrella to good use. WTG!

Lovin 1, 4 & 5.

Oh bummer, for the toe on #4. Twould have been near perfect otherwise.

Oh hush! They are okay.....but no better than that. Im really not geared up for nor do I have room for studio-ish photography like this. Add to that...5 months is a hard age to photograph.....can't sit up.....too active to lay down.....and be still!!! Id rather new borns and two tear olds!

I shot through the 60 incher on these. They do give off some nice light...and it's pretty stupid simple to get nice photos with them.

Ill probably crop #4 to the left of the edge of her skirt for an 8x10. Im not big on shooting full length baby photos....and don't really have an excuse for trying that one!!rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for looking!
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    Very cute Jeff! clap.gif Small suggestion...keep a few round baskets and blanket throws handy for this age. They can sit propped very well in a basket and can't yet get out! Posing and containment in one! Works like a charm everytime.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009

15524779-Ti.gif What she said. Love the processing too!!

Is this the first "official" outing with the 50d? thumb.gif
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    You've captured her brightness and liveliness - don't complain about it!! :D

Nice nostalgia style baby pics, Jeff! thumb.gif
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • tompiitompii Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 14, 2009
    awesome pictures!

only thing that is bothering me is the crops ;)

1 - thumb to the left cut.
    2 - shoulder and hand, might have to crop more or less tight. tighter crop from the top might have done it abit more exciting.
    3 - absolutly great picture love it, but the toe to the left :)
    4 - action, and a wonderful smile! right foot there is cut, might have cropped it closer like in number 5 or less tight.
    5 - stunning eyes!

hope im not to naggy.
    keep up the good work ;)
    edited March 14, 2009
    Very cute Jeff! clap.gif Small suggestion...keep a few round baskets and blanket throws handy for this age. They can sit propped very well in a basket and can't yet get out! Posing and containment in one! Works like a charm everytime.

I hear ya. I'm not sure I WANT to gear myself up for this age group, but your suggestion is duly noted. A co-worker of mine is pregnant...still early yet....but we have big plans...and this might come in handy'round this time next year.
    edited March 14, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif What she said. Love the processing too!!

Is this the first "official" outing with the 50d? thumb.gif

Nah....not really.....at least not in my mind.

THAT would be tommorrow afternoon.....but either the weather will have to break, or I will somehow have to talk/beg them into letting me do the session in the rain. Ive always wanted to shoot in the rain, but being able to talk someone who is plunking down good money to go along with that might be tough. We shall see!

Im learning too....

-My light stand...at its minimum height....is too tall to use for children of this age on the floor. I had wanted to use the 45 inch umbrella....but it was too high. I switched to the 60 and by using it as shoot through, the bottom was only a few inches off the floor.....better, but still not exactly what I wanted.
    -ISO100 on the 50D is inaccessable if you have highlight tone priority enabled.(took me a few minutes to figure that out!!!)
    -a 60 inch shoot through makes some finger lickin' good light.
    edited March 14, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    You've captured her brightness and liveliness - don't complain about it!! :D

Nice nostalgia style baby pics, Jeff! thumb.gif

Hey Neil....thanks!
    edited March 14, 2009
    tompii wrote:
    awesome pictures!

only thing that is bothering me is the crops ;)

1 - thumb to the left cut.
    2 - shoulder and hand, might have to crop more or less tight. tighter crop from the top might have done it abit more exciting.
    3 - absolutly great picture love it, but the toe to the left :)
    4 - action, and a wonderful smile! right foot there is cut, might have cropped it closer like in number 5 or less tight.
    5 - stunning eyes!

hope im not to naggy.
    keep up the good work ;)

Hey....welcome to Dgrin!!!

Its possible that you would like to see something more formal than what I intended with these......sorry.....and FWIW I do NOT crop for forums, but rather crop if/when printing.

In the meantime.....Im sure the forum would welcome you to share examples of children this age from your own portfolio!!mwink.gif

Lets see 'em!!!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Very, very nice photos Jeff! Love the light & the processing as well iloveyou.gif
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Wow, Jeff you continue to amaze. I love the detail shots and those eyes are spectacular!