My Hands Collage

sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
edited March 15, 2009 in People
Okay, it's done. What do you think? This is intended to be printed on canvas for the auction benefitting my daughters' school.

490880282_XUqiM-XL.jpg

Comments

• SFGfxSFGfx Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    I like it and I think it's going to look great when it's printed. clap.gifclap
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    This is soo good and such a masterful execution of a wonderfully original idea (at least I've not seen one like it before).bowdown.gif

One change I would make ... I would exchange the positions of Row 4, Column 5 with the one to the immediate right. Reason - because 4,4 and 4,5 are merged and they are the only examples of two photos touching each other that way. In all other cases, the hands are seperated by black.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    This is soo good and such a masterful execution of a wonderfully original idea (at least I've not seen one like it before).bowdown.gif

One change I would make ... I would exchange the positions of Row 4, Column 5 with the one to the immediate right. Reason - because 4,4 and 4,5 are merged and they are the only examples of two photos touching each other that way. In all other cases, the hands are seperated by black.

Thanks, Scott!

That bugs me a little, too, but the hands spell out ACE in sign language, for ACE Academy. So, switching isn't really an option. If I had time to reshoot, I'd have the "C" hand coming from below rather than from the side. Oh well. Maybe I'll see about going in and adding a black line between those two.

Caroline
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Thanks, Scott!

That bugs me a little, too, but the hands spell out ACE in sign language, for ACE Academy. So, switching isn't really an option. If I had time to reshoot, I'd have the "C" hand coming from below rather than from the side. Oh well. Maybe I'll see about going in and adding a black line between those two.

Caroline
    Gottcha - I didn't realize that. I think your idea of a little more PS work is the solution - just move the "C" a little further to the right and the problem would, I think be solved.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Wonderful! The new owner will be very lucky indeed.

Virginia

Email
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Caroline, this is beyond awesome. Fantastic job! I love the BW and I think it's a wonderfully original and creative idea that absolutely suggests the "tone" of the school which you indicated in the other thread where you discussed it.

Brava to you - GREAT job!!!! thumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    awesome..that looks great.thumb.gif My only suggestion is some of the backgrounds have different shade of black.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    It is great !
    I think it will amazing printed on Canvas ! clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Okay, it's done. What do you think? This is intended to be printed on canvas for the auction benefitting my daughters' school.
    thumb.gifbowdown.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Very coolclap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Yes I agree...very cool idea. They are gonna love it!thumb.gif Though I do agree with Scott about the one hand with the C being moved over just a bit to leave a little black between.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    I really like to creative concept here. I would recommend balancing the blacks, and soften the hard straight edges. You could use a smudge tool.

Sam
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Thank you so much for all the comments. They mean a lot to me. I'll tweak it a little as suggested before printing on canvas.