Options

Help Page link from Cart

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited March 16, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I know some will say "Everyone knows what a print costs... they're paying for your services" but it looks pretty darn unprofessional to me when the cart page help link takes the buyer to the help page with the prices... can SM change that link ASAP? I guess I should say, I know they can... will they please? And the fact should be addressed that the page linked to does not have all the tabs heeded to provide help... no downloads tab.... linky goes to wrong pagy:scratch
There needs to be a way to send the link to the correct page based on the print provider used by the gallery. (Bay vs EZ Prints).

Comments

• Options
    edited March 14, 2009
    Not one comment all day....
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Not one comment all day....
    Hello Anthony - you've been around long enough to know that instant responses are for the help desk. Dgrin runs a bit slower and we answer when we can :D

I've been in the air from LA to NY but just landed, and I'll help now.

Thanks for posting -if they are in the cart from your page, they'll get a generic 'no prices' listing with checkmarks.
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hello Anthony - you've been around long enough to know that instant responses are for the help desk. Dgrin runs a bit slower and we answer when we can :D

I've been in the air from LA to NY but just landed, and I'll help now.

Thanks for posting -if they are in the cart from your page, they'll get a generic 'no prices' listing with checkmarks.

You'd think that would be the way it would work. Here's the pahe the digital download help links to... http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/prints/catalog/P

The other issue is if you click for the more info/help page there is no way directly back to the check out page...

Yes, I was logged out when I tested this...headscratch.gif

FYI... same results from your own galleries...
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2009
    Good to see you people are listening... I was able to "watch" in real time as the links got fixed... New issue... in IE6 the check marks show up as boxes... if you specify the font-family in the code where the checks are used it will eliminate the issue...
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Good to see you people are listening... I was able to "watch" in real time as the links got fixed... New issue... in IE6 the check marks show up as boxes... if you specify the font-family in the code where the checks are used it will eliminate the issue...

Hehe. We're listening, but we rarely (never?) change things on-the-fly on a Saturday night without any testing. It sounds like you're seeing inconsistent behavior.

Are you clicking the "prints and gifts" link the footer of the shopping cart? It should take you here: http://www.smugmug.com/prints/catalog/ . That's where it takes me, but we have seen some strange behavior with catalogs redirecting.

Thanks for reporting it! I'll make sure it gets looked at.

-Anne
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2009
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Hehe. We're listening, but we rarely (never?) change things on-the-fly on a Saturday night without any testing. It sounds like you're seeing inconsistent behavior.

Are you clicking the "prints and gifts" link the footer of the shopping cart? It should take you here: http://www.smugmug.com/prints/catalog/ . That's where it takes me, but we have seen some strange behavior with catalogs redirecting.

Thanks for reporting it! I'll make sure it gets looked at.

-Anne
    No not the link in the footer of the cart. When you select digital downloads then click the text, the image on the left scrolls over and a link is present that will give you more info on digital downloads. Clicking the link earlier in the day was giving me the "help" page I referenced above which included prices but excluded the download tab. This occured while I was logged out and even thru Andy's site...
    As I mentioned also, the code needs to be adjusted so the check marks show up in IE6.
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    No not the link in the footer of the cart. When you select digital downloads then click the text, the image on the left scrolls over and a link is present that will give you more info on digital downloads. Clicking the link earlier in the day was giving me the "help" page I referenced above which included prices but excluded the download tab. This occured while I was logged out and even thru Andy's site...
    As I mentioned also, the code needs to be adjusted so the check marks show up in IE6.

Thanks for this! I'll take a look...

-Anne