Wondering (C&C on DSS#21)

KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited March 16, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Just wondering what people thought about one of my ideas.

491180018_eocWH-L-1.jpg

All C&C is welcome as usual.

Thanks for looking.
— Kevin
Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Not going to comment for the plain and simple reason that what you've done makes me think I have COMPLETELY misinterpreted the "assignment" ... in that i didn't realise we were supposed to use an existing book title. Duh.... did I mention it's been a hard week?!

Oy.

Thanks Kev! I'll refrain from commenting until I've wrapped my head around this better. rolleyes1.gif THANK YOU for posting!!
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Not going to comment for the plain and simple reason that what you've done makes me think I have COMPLETELY misinterpreted the "assignment" ... in that i didn't realise we were supposed to use an existing book title.

I didn't get from the original post that this was to be an existing book title, just that the title of the photo would be the title of our book. Emily, care to clarify? headscratch.gif
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    I don't think it's supposed to be an existing book... headscratch.gif I think it is supposed to be one you make up yourself... below it states any book you want and gives types of books as examples after that... Probably would have been more clear to say "any kind of book you want"...

"Completely alluring - that's what we're after here. Imagine your shot is for a cover of a book. Any book you want - coffee table, novel, biography, fiction, education, cook book - whatever. Add a tempting title (the image title will be the title for your "book" - no need to add text on top of your image unless you really want to.) Your completed work should make the viewer unable to resist picking it up to discover the contents. Who knows...maybe this could even become a catalyst for a full project!"
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Benjer wrote:
    I didn't get from the original post that this was to be an existing book title, just that the title of the photo would be the title of our book. Emily, care to clarify? headscratch.gif

Hmmmm... might be we should post this in the entry thread since it seems I'm not the only one who's not sure (I feel better now :D)
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    I have posted this question/thread over in the entry thread for clarification by Emily. I read the challenge as being open to real or make believe titles. I'm sure Emily will tell us in short order.
    — Kevin

My Site, My Book
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Well, there you have it.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1065357#post1065357

Back to the ol' drawing board as they say.

My Site, My Book
  • billtaichibilltaichi Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    You could still use your image Kev you just will need a new title (Guano city maybe?). You know if you have any software that puts a HDR type effect on a pic I think it might look really cool to make that picture have that HDR "gritty" feel to it. Just an idea!
    Remember wherever you go, there you are.