St. Paul's (est. 1890) . . . . IR

jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
edited March 15, 2009 in Landscapes
I've been capturing images of rural Missouri churches for some time now. I'd be interested in your thoughts on this one. I believe I like the first two the best. The others all have problems, not the least of which is the distortion from the wide angle lens. Personally, when used right, I don't mind that distortion. But I'm not so sure about it here. The colors are a bit different in each, too. Let me know which one you like the best. Thanks!

All were captured with an IR-converted Nikon D70s.

491277924_5HkkB-L.jpg

491279517_bXxWP-L.jpg

491278470_BSET4-L.jpg

491278980_vWu33-L.jpg
More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
Jeff Meyers

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Jeff these are fantastic ! clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    #1 and #4 for me.

You have a way with that IR!!!
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Thanks! Anyone else have any opinions?
    Jeff Meyers
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 15, 2009
    Beautiful photos! I like #2 the best, and #4 would be my second choice, but I do wish there was a bit more space at the bottom. Of all the different sky colors I like #3 the least.

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • BlackwoodBlackwood Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Jeff-

I like #1 because it makes me want to go inside the church and look around. It really draws me in. The ones with the distortion kind of scare me away. My next choice would be #4, but the most interesting part of this image to me are the trees and sky--the church almost seems like an afterthought. Not sure I can explain why, but that's my reaction.

I enjoy church photos quite a lot and #1 is really intriguing to me. I see lots of stories in it.

Cheers,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Jeff-

I like #1 because it makes me want to go inside the church and look around. It really draws me in. The ones with the distortion kind of scare me away. My next choice would be #4, but the most interesting part of this image to me are the trees and sky--the church almost seems like an afterthought. Not sure I can explain why, but that's my reaction.

I enjoy church photos quite a lot and #1 is really intriguing to me. I see lots of stories in it.

Cheers,
    Lauren

Very interesting analysis, Lauren. Thanks for taking the time to write out your thoughts. I really appreciate it. And it makes a lot of sense, too!
    Jeff Meyers
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    I love that first one Jeff clap.gif