Blues gig

scarysharkfacescarysharkface Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
edited March 16, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I posted some people shots in "People" from a blues gig I played last night. These are a couple of other shots I really like. As with the shots posted elsewhere, I welcome any and all feedback and suggestions..

Thanks,
John

491199710_cZTQa-XL.jpg

491156233_CzjBY-XL.jpg
Canon EOS 50D, Tamron 18-270mm and 10-24mm

Comments

• KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Love these, but I am biased . . . I've only shot live music once (blues in Austin) -- it was difficult, but a total blast. There's nothing better than live blues.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    I posted some people shots in "People" from a blues gig I played last night. These are a couple of other shots I really like. As with the shots posted elsewhere, I welcome any and all feedback and suggestions..

Thanks,
    John

Hi John, I enjoy seeing anyone who can play a harmonica well.
    Be they old or young, some people can really make it sing nod.gif

I like your take on these, nicely done clap.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited March 15, 2009

Thanks,
    John
    Here are two from my one live blues shooting opp. The harp player was the toughest of all, he wouldn't step out of the shadows except upon my urging, and then he was moving frenetically while I was at wide-open aperture and still a relatively slow shutter speed. I know these shots suck, but I am totally relating to your moment.

350831150_cg6vg-L-2.jpg

350824663_DoWsu-M-2.jpg

This was in Austin, TX and boy could this dude, and the whole band, play! clap.gif To get their permission to shoot was a total bonus. The whole collection (while not great) is up on my site at /Other/Hill Country Tour/Austin Blues.
  • scarysharkfacescarysharkface Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Thanks for the kind words everybody!

It is amazing just how well these new-fangled digital cameras deal with the terrible/wonderful small-stage lighting in a dark hole of a tavern. The difference in exposure from one subject to the next is significant, and the shadows are, well, dark. Luckily these guys (and me) are old and slow-moving, so I could get away with long exposures! :D

KED, I like that first shot. I can practically hear him bending the notes!

John
    Canon EOS 50D, Tamron 18-270mm and 10-24mm
    edited March 16, 2009
    Thanks for the kind words everybody!

It is amazing just how well these new-fangled digital cameras deal with the terrible/wonderful small-stage lighting in a dark hole of a tavern. The difference in exposure from one subject to the next is significant, and the shadows are, well, dark. Luckily these guys (and me) are old and slow-moving, so I could get away with long exposures! :D

KED, I like that first shot. I can practically hear him bending the notes!

John
    Thanks! Yeah, this dude could play . . .