Options

Sth Florida photographic help required.

africaddictafricaddict Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
edited March 17, 2009 in Wildlife
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I have an opportunity to travel to Ft Lauderdale, Florida in May with my wife and am seeking some advice on where there may be some specific nature areas to photograph in the Everglades?
Also if anyone knows of a company that uses a photo boat around the Glades to take small groups or singles?
I'm from Sydney, Australia and this is my first time to the southern region of the USA.
Any help/tips gladly appreciated.

Cheers
Marc
WEBSITE
"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am"
D5|D500
|D810|14-24|24-70|70-200f/2.8|70-200f/4|400 f/2.8E|500 f/4VR|Sigma150f/2.8|Sigma 24f/1.4ART

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    I just got back from Ft Lauderdale last Thur. Two places I went to were great. One Captive and one Live. The first is Flamingo Gardens.

The second, where I shot, gator, limpkin, heron (2 types) egret (types), racoon, turkey vulture, painted turtles, kestrel, etc is Loxahatchee NWR .

I will hopefully be getting a couple Galleries of images up at my SM site, soon.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    africaddictafricaddict Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Thanks Don for the info.
    Anyone else that can contribute? All help much appreciated.

Cheers
    Marc
    WEBSITE
    "My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am"
    D5|D500
    |D810|14-24|24-70|70-200f/2.8|70-200f/4|400 f/2.8E|500 f/4VR|Sigma150f/2.8|Sigma 24f/1.4ART

• Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Thanks Don for the info.
    Anyone else that can contribute? All help much appreciated.

Cheers
    Marc

Looks like these Florida folks are keeping this info to themselves! rolleyes1.gif Like a favorite fishing hole.

This will get you back to the top, anyway.:D
  • Options
    traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Look up Wakodahatchee
    I may have the spelling wrong but it's a can't miss place for birds - it is a water treatment area where they have built a nice boardwalk that's a nice, but not too strenous stroll - and it's particularly good if you can go during the week and the crowd is smaller. Loxahatchee is also superb and best time to go is early morning or later afternoon when a good part of area will have sun at your back...depending on which way you shoot.

Regards...Keith
    <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I have an opportunity to travel to Ft Lauderdale, Florida in May with my wife and am seeking some advice on where there may be some specific nature areas to photograph in the Everglades?
    Also if anyone knows of a company that uses a photo boat around the Glades to take small groups or singles?
    I'm from Sydney, Australia and this is my first time to the southern region of the USA.
    Any help/tips gladly appreciated.

Cheers
    Marc
    Beam me outta here!:winkKT