All Past Challenges

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited March 18, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Is there a link(s) to all the past challenges for folks to go review what has been done.....how (the differences between the original challenges, LPS and DSS...)..also the very good very vital information that was shared on those challenges?????

There is a lot to be learned from those past postings it would be a shame for them to go into the netherworld to never be available again for inspiration.
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Is there a link(s) to all the past challenges for folks to go review what has been done.....how (the differences between the original challenges, LPS and DSS...)..also the very good very vital information that was shared on those challenges?????

There is a lot to be learned from those past postings it would be a shame for them to go into the netherworld to never be available again for inspiration.

There's the Challenges Galleries http://dgrin.smugmug.com/Dgrin%20Challenges. The most recent ones have all the feedback in the galleries, which is pretty cool....
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    The sticky for DSS lists all the entry threads.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Check the thumbs in the Dgrin header. One gallery for Photo of the Year, One for DSS Winners and old challenge winners, and one for LPS galleries. They aren't just for pretty - they are links.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Check the thumbs in the Dgrin header. One gallery for Photo of the Year, One for DSS Winners and old challenge winners, and one for LPS galleries. They aren't just for pretty - they are links.

Never knew that.......nor would a newbie to the forum......I just thought it was a gallery of like the top ten to various challenges and of course the ads for the various major shoot outs and Marcs workshops.......

I do not do a glide over over photo in a header or on a page to find hidden messages and I bet very few if any visitors would either:D

I would have thought a very top level sticky in the forum would be appropriate.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Never knew that.......nor would a newbie to the forum......I just thought it was a gallery of like the top ten to various challenges and of course the ads for the various major shoot outs and Marcs workshops.......

I do not do a glide over over photo in a header or on a page to find hidden messages and I bet very few if any visitors would either:D

I found out about those by clicking them...

(and I do hovering for clues too :D )
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
    edited March 15, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:

You should try it more often...never know what you might find.:D
    Art Scott wrote:

All past DSS Challenges are listed in the "All Things Official" Sticky. This is so we don't have 7 stickies, as there is a BUNCH of important info in there. It's everyone's duty to poke around, ask questions and do searches. Claiming ignorance is no excuse. There are plenty of people around here that are happy to help. thumb.gif
    Emily

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Also, there's a link to "Gallery" in the regular toolbar, right between "Tutorials" and "Books." That will take you to a page with a "DGrin Challenges" link, which goes to the galleries that are linked in the thumbnail header. So, there's nothing hidden. thumb.gif
    edited March 15, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Also, there's a link to "Gallery" in the regular toolbar, right between "Tutorials" and "Books." That will take you to a page with a "DGrin Challenges" link, which goes to the galleries that are linked in the thumbnail header. So, there's nothing hidden. thumb.gif

Good point, Kerry, but the challenges had to be put elsewhere due to their design.
    Emily

edited March 15, 2009
    Good point, Kerry, but the challenges had to be put elsewhere due to their design.

headscratch.gif They're there: clicking on "Gallery" then "Dgrin Challenges" reveals the DSS and old LPS galleries. Anywho, just trying to say there are links in plain text, too, in the Dgrin navbar—in addition to the thumbnail links and handy sticky at the top of this very forum. Covered in triplicate. Not sure how the mods could do any better. thumb.gif
    edited March 15, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    headscratch.gif They're there: clicking on "Gallery" then "Dgrin Challenges" reveals the DSS and old LPS galleries. Anywho, just trying to say there are links in plain text, too, in the Dgrin navbar—in addition to the thumbnail links and handy sticky at the top of this very forum. Covered in triplicate. Not sure how the mods could do any better. thumb.gif

Sorry, you are so right. I was just one click away from a reality check. umph.gif It's been a long day (can I use that excuse at 5pm?). lol3.gif
    Emily

• darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:

I've never clicked that link before, i've always used the header image links rolleyes1.gif

anyway, because of this thread I checked it out but I'm not seeing a "Dgrin Challenges" thumbnail there. I see only "Dgrin Events", "Dgrinners", "Dgring Photo of the Year". headscratch.gif

Edit: On another look I saw the Dgrin Challenges link in the menu on that page. I was looking for a category not a menu item
    :hide
    ~ Lisa
    edited March 18, 2009
    darkdragon wrote:
    Edit: On another look I saw the Dgrin Challenges link in the menu on that page. I was looking for a category not a menu item
    :hide

Yeah, it takes a moment to see it. When I first went looking for them, I, too, looked at the category thumbnails before noticing it in the menu links. I think we photographers are just naturally more inclined to look at the pictures before cluing in to the text sometimes. :giggle