Need suggestion please for a contest pic

BruiserBruiser Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited March 15, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I am going to be entering a photo contest and need your advice please. I like the effect I got the other day with the picture of Minnie when the light hit her eye a certain way, I focused on her eye, and then turned everything (except for her eye) to black and white. So, I would like to enter a photo displaying that effect. The first picture below is that picture. I took a few others yesterday to try to reproduce that effect. Please let me know which is your favorite so I can decide which one to enter. Thanks in advance! I appreciate your advice.
#1 - originally posted yesterday
490495726_XaAgo-L.jpg
#2 - another one of Minnie
491750005_eaTN3-L.jpg
#3 - one of Jack resting his heavy head on his soccer ball
491750141_LStAF-L.jpg
#4 - another one of Jack but, I don't think I like it as much because the color is a bit flat and he has some hair on his head that should have been wiped off (my bad), which I find a bit distracting. Let me know what you think.
491750036_ErAwy-L.jpg
Brian
www.brianyoung.smugmug.com
Nikon D90 ~ 18-105mm vr ~ 70-300mm vr ~
50mm f/1.8 ~ SB600

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    I would go for the first one......... azzaro
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Yes. Number one is by far the best of the three. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • koushkoush Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    I would have to agree as well number 1.
    goodluck in the competitionthumb.gif
    don't get your knickers ina twist, it doesn't feel good and makes you walk funny