Mountain Sunset

KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
edited March 22, 2009 in Landscapes
I took this with my Nikon D50 back in the spring or summer of 2007 on a Saturdaay evening. I know it's not a great picture, the majority of mine aren't,
but I printed one, framed it and gave it to a couple friends. They both like it a lot. One said I should sell them on eBay. lol Nah, don't think it's all the good to
sell anywhere.

Anyway, I was wondering, how to I get rid of that sun glare on the face of the mountain? I know there's a software that can get rid of it called Image Doctor
by Alienskin, but it cost $200; and I was hoping there's something way more affordable than that. I have PS7, but I don't know if it can do the job. I won't print
myself one or anyone else until it's removed.
ʞ1└0

Comments

• KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Here's the picture again. It was there above in the first post, then it vanished.
    ʞ1└0
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Nice
    I think PS7 can do the job ...
    Use Healing or cloning tool.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited March 15, 2009
    Nice
    I think PS7 can do the job ...
    Use Healing or cloning tool.
    Thanks, Awais!
    But I have tried that, and I don't do a good job at it. Guess I have to keep on trying if there is no other way.
    ʞ1└0
    edited March 15, 2009
    Kilo wrote:
    Thanks, Awais!
    But I have tried that, and I don't do a good job at it. Guess I have to keep on trying if there is no other way.

What is going wrong ?
    Zoom the photo fill in the green color with dark color surrounding the green spot select color with the help of eyedropper tool). Then reduce the brush size and heal. I usually zoom till i can see square pixels of area i want to get rid off..
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    edited March 16, 2009
    What is going wrong ?
    Zoom the photo fill in the green color with dark color surrounding the green spot select color with the help of eyedropper tool). Then reduce the brush size and heal. I usually zoom till i can see square pixels of area i want to get rid off..

Thanks, Awais!

I'll just have to keep on trying. I've messed it up several times in the past. You could tell it was edited or altered. It looked better just leaving it alone. lol

As soon as I can get it done right, I'll print it out here on my Canon printer and frame it. :-)
    ʞ1└0
    edited March 16, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Very pretty thumb.gif
    Thank you, Plumer!

I like it `cos I really enjoy sunsets. If/when I get it edited better than what it is, it will then be hanging on my wall. :-)
    ʞ1└0
    edited March 16, 2009
    Send me the original if you like i will try to remove it for you thumb.gif

My Gallery
    edited March 16, 2009
    Send me the original if you like i will try to remove it for you thumb.gif
    Thanks, Awais... I appreciate that; but I'll try to do it again soon. If I can't get it right and give up, I'll let ya know so you can do it.

But I need to learn how to do this, whether on my own or by someone showing me how to do it "step by step". If they do it for me on their own and I can't see how they did it, then I wouldn't have learned how how it was done.

I think on a scale of 0.0 - 10.0, I might be a 2.85 in photography, while the rest of you are tens at it. I have seen very impressive photos in here since I've signed up for DG.

Thanks again!
    ʞ1└0
    edited March 22, 2009
    Photo upgrade...
    ʞ1└0