Mt. Ranier - 2 or 3 shots from short visit

MansmindMansmind Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited March 16, 2009 in Landscapes
For me, one of those places I know I need to get back to..preferably in the spring or summer when the roads are open and you don't need snow shoes to take a walk.
491801211_BEsj8-L.jpg
#2 Kautz Creek
491801665_9jNBE-L.jpg

491802413_73P9J-L.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Thanks for sharing John i like the last one a lot
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    #3 is my favorite. I assume you took these fairly recently? You're fortunate you were there on a clear day, even if you needed snow shoes :D

I love Mt. Rainier, hopefully this year's wildflower season will be better than last year's, and hopefully the snow melts a little sooner too.
  • MansmindMansmind Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    #3 is my favorite. I assume you took these fairly recently? You're fortunate you were there on a clear day, even if you needed snow shoes :D

I love Mt. Rainier, hopefully this year's wildflower season will be better than last year's, and hopefully the snow melts a little sooner too.

You live in the area? Yes, I got very VERY lucky with the weather. I was in Nebraska mid-week and flew into Seattle on a Friday. Friday was beautiful and so was the extra day I had (Saturday). I woke up Sunday morning and it was raining on my way to the airport..lol. Strangely as many times as I've been to Seattle (have a customer there) that's only the second time I've actually seen it rain. I was only at Ranier the morning of the 29th I think it was, I left around lunch and drove to Whidbey Island...or rather took the ferry over.
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    I like #3 a lot, but wish you could have had the peak visible from behind the trees.

Also, what's the yellow color on the rocks? Some chemical residue?
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
    edited March 15, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    I like #3 a lot, but wish you could have had the peak visible from behind the trees.

Also, what's the yellow color on the rocks? Some chemical residue?

Thanks, I wondered the same thing. I assume that's the color of the clay somewhere upstream. It almost looks like it has sulphur in it doesn't it?
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Sulfur is what occurred to me also. Whatever it is, it adds an interesting color twist, IMO. I really like the water in both 2 and 3. What settings did you use?

Hope to see more of your work on here!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited March 16, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Sulfur is what occurred to me also. Whatever it is, it adds an interesting color twist, IMO. I really like the water in both 2 and 3. What settings did you use?

Hope to see more of your work on here!

Lauren

Thank you very much, I'm a slow water fanatic. :) Both of these were shot at f22, 1.3 sec @ ISO 50.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Thanks for the specs. I just checked out your Rivers and Streams gallery--very, very nice work!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited March 16, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Thanks for the specs. I just checked out your Rivers and Streams gallery--very, very nice work!

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment!